My Life is GrUV: Fast and Easy Ways to Save Some Cash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

It’s almost the end of the year and before we all return to our summer jobs, the end of the semester might mean the end of another thing… your bank account! Here are some fast and easy ideas to make some money to finally buy those cute wedges you’ve been eyeing all this month

1. Sell your old clothes! As you pack up your dorm room, you’re probably going through your closet saying “When the heck did I ever buy that?” Go through all of your clothes and make a pile of things you don’t want or ever wear, then bring them on over to Second Time Around (downtown Burlington) or Plato’s Closet (Williston)! They’ll give you between 30-40% of what they would sell it for in cash!

1. Offer your services! Love kids? Or dogs? Why not put up some flyers around town offering babysitting or dogwalking service – it’s a great idea to get involved with some local members and you can do it on your own hours!

1. Check out the UVM Free and For Sale Facebook Group! Someone posts that they’re looking for a mini fridge, and you don’t need yours next year? Look how easy that was! Or maybe you just got a new iphone case and want to sell your old one? Post a picture of it and I’m sure someone will grab it!

1. Sell old textbooks! This one may seem pretty obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people just let their old textbooks sit there collecting dust. Either sell them back to the bookstore or look around for someone taking the class next year who wants it—either way, it will be off of your hands and you’ll have made back some of the (probably ridiculous) amount you spent on it.