Mardi Gras in Burlington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Mardi Gras has come to an end in New Orleans, but it has yet to begin in Burlington. For those of you who have never experienced Mardi Gras in Vermont, here’s all you need to know about the 21st Annual Mardi Gras Weekend!

This year, Mardi Gras festivities will take place from March 4th to March 6th. The weekend will begin on Friday with a kick off party featuring Rubblebucket at Higher Ground. Tickets are $17 in advance and $20 on the day of the show.

On Saturday, the Grand Parade will start at 3 on Main Street and end around 4 on Battery Street. There will be free shuttle rides offered throughout the city. Before the Grand Parade, there will be a Fun Run. It’ll start at 2:15 at the intersection of Church and Main Streets. The registration fee is $20 and all proceeds go to the Vermont Foodbank. It’s also new this year!

On Sunday, the Magic Hat Artifactory, a Burlington brewery, will be offering tours at 2 PM and 3 PM. Stop by Lake Champlain Chocolates after for a tour if you have time!

For Rubblebucket tickets, Fun Run registration, and more information about Mardi Gras weekend, please visit: http://www.magichat.net/mardigras/. Hope to see you there!

English and Art History major at the University of Vermont
Hello! My name is Torey. I am a senior at UVM, studying to become a speech pathologist. I am a chapter correspondent for HerCampus UVM.