Kiss & Tell: Valentine’s Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

Along with the heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, red and pink pastries, and the roses surely coming your way, Valentine’s Day arrives with a certain level of pressure for both you and your significant other. It’s a day intended to be spent with the one you love the most, and you both are hoping for something very special. There’s no ‘perfect’ Valentine’s Day date for all the couples across the board, but hopefully these ideas will help you and your significant other find a way to make the most out of this holiday for years to come.

For the Outdoorsy Couple:

Although I’m sure that we are all tired of freezing to death every time we brave the Vermont winter and head outside, convince your significant other to brave the cold in order for a simple, yet sweet and romantic day. You could spend the day (just the two of you!) at the slopes, taking breaks to drink some cocoa and grab a waffle from the Waffle House. Or if you are more daring (and well-prepared winter hikers), hike to the top of Lincoln Peak at Sugarbush and spend the night in Allen’s Lodge. It’ll be a very cheap but romantic getaway, and you can spend your night making s’mores and cuddling in front of the big stone fireplace. 

For the “Chill” Couple:

For a couple that isn’t about frills and over-the-top gestures, a night at home can be just as romantic as a night at a high-class restaurant. Look up some recipes that you normally wouldn’t think to try out and decide on a starter dish, main course, and dessert and then head down to City Market to go grocery shopping together. Spend the day cooking a delicious meal and to add a little flare to it, make the drive to Shelburne Vineyards and pick up a bottle of wine. Your night will be simple, but the point is that you’ve spent it having fun together.

For the Hopeless Romantics:

Valentine’s Day is your version of Christmas. You live for heart-shaped and pink and red everything. Since this is a once-a-year kind of deal, don’t be afraid to go all out. Dress yourselves up and pick a nice restaurant to spend this special day at. For the Burlington area, I recommend Trattoria Delia, Bluebird Tavern, or Pizzeria Verita. If you’re willing to make the drive, and I seriously recommend that you do, head to Vergennes and go to the Black Sheep Bistro. It’s quaint and has the best food that I have had the pleasure of eating in Vermont. Also, leaving Burlington, even if only for a few hours, will give you both the feeling of getting away and will allow you to have some much appreciated alone time. 

Chloe Vickers is a Junior studying Public Communication and Animal Science at UVM. She began writting for Your Style Forecast towards the end of Summer 2014 and began writing for UVM's Chapter of Her Campus shortly after.