Alternative Study Spots Off-Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVM chapter.

With finals slowly but surely approaching, Bailey Howe is becoming more and more crowded. Whether you have a car or not, there are always places downtown and around Burlington to set up camp, get studious, and ace your finals!

Panera Bread: Shelburne Road

This Panera is a great alternative to the Panera downtown because there’s never a huge crowd, and it’s relatively quiet. I love going to this Panera to study because I can get warm soup and do work at the same time!

Starbucks: Shelburne Road

Although this Starbucks always has a line for coffee, there’s always a table or lounge chair available to sit down, drink a good cup of coffee, and get tons of work done. I prefer going to this Starbucks over the one downtown because it’s a little less crowded and I don’t run into that many people I know. The great thing about Starbucks is that there’s always background music subtly playing—great for writing papers.

Barnes & Noble: Dorset Street

Barnes & Noble is a hidden gem in the Burlington study scene. They have a café area that’s great for studying, and their sandwiches and coffee are also pretty good!

Dobra Tea: Cherry Street

Dobra Tea is great for a quiet and zen study session. They have a massive tea selection to choose from to take away all of your schoolwork stress. You can also eat the tealeaves they have there! How cool is that?!

New Moon: College Street

Studying at New Moon is great because it’s super cozy, and, let’s face it: everything there is DELICIOUS. It’s also not very loud because there are usually other people doing schoolwork. They have massive couches that are super cozy, which is prime for reading. They also have tables if you need to write out those flash cards for your finals. It wouldn’t be hard to stay in there studying all day.