UVA Traditions as Clickbait Articles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Everyone sees them, most read them, some love them. The Oxford English Dictionary defines clickbait as “content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.” Here’s what happens when UVA traditions are transcribed into clickbait articles.

What happens next will leave you smiling.

[Quiz] Which UVA Library Are You?

It’s 9PM on a Friday night. You are

a.     headed to bed. You stay up until midnight most weekdays, so you need that beauty rest when the weekend rolls around.

b.     ready to party! Your door’s open until the clock strikes twelve. Then it’s time to head home, Cinderella.

c.     sharing a moment with some close friends. Fridays are reserved for the select few who know your apartment code.

d.     asleep. Working that 9-to-5 is exhausting.

[Article] 7 Shocking Facts You Didn’t Know About The 7 Society

[Article] These Hooded Figures Only Appear On April 13th. The Reason Why Will Stun You.

–> –> –> They Thought It Was Just A Sewer Cap. What Was Hidden Underneath Will Amaze You.

[Blog] 11 O-Hill Leftovers That Look Like Channing Tatum

[Quiz] Which Miss Kathy Compliment Are You?

You got: “You look beautiful, suga!” Because your smile brings joy to this world and you are so sweet.

[Article] This Song Claims To Cheer Your Heart And Warm Your Blood. Find Out What These Students Are Shouting And Roaring.

[Article] 35 Hidden Bodo’s Menu Items You Didn’t Know You Could Order

–> –> –> 5 Streaking Mistakes You Didn’t Know You Were Making

[Quiz] Which Christian’s Slice Is Your Spirit Animal/Soulmate?

Pick a font.

a.     Times New Roman

b.     Comic Sans

c.     Garamond

d.     Helvetica

[Article] These Kids Thought They Were In For A Normal Halloween. Where Their Parents Took Them Will Astound You.

[Article] They Did What? This Racy Cover of Whitney Houston’s Hit Song Is A Must See! AVP Bares All!

–> –> –> They Thought They Were Just Going To See Horses…When You Learn What They Did See, You’ll Never Look At Foxfield The Same

[Quiz] Are These Quotes From Thomas Jefferson Or A Fortune Cookie?

You got: “2/10. Ouch! Do You Even Go Here? We Bet You Think TJ stands for Trader Joe’s.”

[Article] Crazy But True…This Man Hiked Old Rag WITHOUT Taking Pictures. First You’ll Be Shocked, Then You’ll Be Inspired.

[Article] Uh-Oh! Will Rotunda Construction Ruin Lighting Of The Lawn? The Results Will Blow You Away.

–> –> –> The 8 People You’ll Meet In The Line For Dumplings

[Blog] I Was Just A First Year On The Waitlist For Econ 2010. What The Professor Did Next Will Leave You In Tears.