Spring Trends You Need ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Despite the recent snowstorm, spring has finally arrived! We are in the midst of the transition between winter and spring weather, however, we must prepare our wardrobes for when the warmer weather actually hits. Here are some of my favorite trends that I’ve noticed this spring!

Button-Down Midi-Dresses

Button-down, vintage-inspired pieces are huge this spring. There has been a huge surge in vintage pieces for this season, and I’m here for it. Midi-dresses are so effortless, and can be styled in such versatile ways depending on the occasion. Wear them with trainers, sandals, anything! Here is one of my favorites that I’ve seen recently!

Bandeau Crop Tops

Bandeau crop tops have been all the rave lately! They’re so easy to throw on when you’re in a time crunch. The beauty of these bad boys is that you can either dress them up for a night out, or dress them down for a casual day with the gals. Not to mention they can be paired with any bottoms, from jeans to shorts to skirts. Here is one of my favorite affordable options!​​Platform Espadrille Sandals

I’ve noticed a trend of platform espadrille sandals this spring, and I am in love. They instantly make any outfit look more put together, giving you major beach babe and boho vibes. Plus, they match perfectly with any outfit. Here is a pair that I’ve been obsessing over!

Chunky, Platform Trainers

Athleisure is making a major comeback, in an innovative and different way. One of my favorite athleisure trends this spring is the platform, chunky trainer. Although it is not everyone’s cup of tea, I definitely feel the sporty, hip vibes from this shoe. Here is a pair that I am in love with!

These different and innovative spring trends will keep you looking effortlessly fashionable throughout the spring season!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!