Simple Ways to Spread the Love This Valentine’s Day Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Whether you are in a romantic relationship or not, there are some simple ways to show your friends, family, and community that you care about them deeply and truly. Here are some easy ways:

1.     Sticky Note Compliments

Simply write a kind or loving message, such as “I love you” or “Thinking of you!” on a sticky note and post it on a door, cabinet, or the restroom mirror. Stick a bunch of funny ones too in addition to more sensitive notes to spread not only kindness but laughter! Laughter is one of the best gifts you can ever give someone!

2.     Memory Love Jar

Have fun with a DIY crafts project that only requires a clean jar, some decorating supplies, pen and paper! Write on small slips of paper happy memories you have of this individual and compliments of them. Put them all in the jar, and add some cute decorations to spice up the love. Then present the individual with the jar so whenever they need to smile, they can pull up a joyful memory and think of your love!

3.     Take Time

One of the easiest (and cheapest!) ways to show someone you care about them is to simply spend time with that person. Whether it is going for a walk, or sitting and catching up on Netflix together, simply being there in another’s presence will make them feel your love and joy!

4.     Send a card

Whether you craft your own or hit up Hallmark, a printed card sent in the mail to a friend, grandparent, or other family member always brings out a smile and positive wishes. Add some hearts to the envelope or sweet stickers to seal the deal! 

5.     Surprise with a breakfast in bed!

If you live with a friend or family member, create them a tasty breakfast in bed tray to dine on when they first open their eyes. It will sure bring a smile to their face to see how much you care. Bring a bowl and a mug of coffee for yourself along so you can both enjoy each other’s company too!

I hope you enjoyed reading this list, and it helped stir up some creative juices to show the love to your community as easily and simply as possibly this Valentine’s Day Season. And remember, a warm beverage and smile can always bring cheer to these long days of winter!

Meg is a student at Haverford College and plays field hockey for the college. She is an interested writer.