Multitasking Miracle Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Nearly every college girl has these products on hand and we all love a good multitasker. So whether you’re rushing in the morning before class or just ran out of a product and need to find a quick solution, these multitasking products might just save your day!

Hair Conditioner

Use it: as shaving cream

Believe it or not, your favorite hair treatment can also serve as a great shaving cream alternative. Hair conditioner is generally thick, moisturizing, and able to protect skin from painful cuts almost as well as shaving cream.

Dryer sheets

Use it: to de-frizz hair

These thin sheets help to eliminate annoying static and frizz in your hair.  You can rub them on your brushes and combs or run them right along your hair to get rid of flyaways.

Baby Powder

Use it: as dry shampoo

Freshen up oily hair by sprinkling some powder on top and combing down to the roots. Just make sure to brush well and hide the white powder! Bonus – your hair will smell totally fresh.

Toilet seat covers

Use it: as oil blotting sheets

Okay, this one sounds seriously bizarre (not to mention a bit gross), but these thin paper covers can double as an effective oil-blotting solution. If you’re prone to oily skin, just rip off a clean piece of this stuff and gently blot it on your problem area. And voila – oil gone!

Clear nail polish

Use it: as a snag preventer

Clear polish is essential for perfectly glossy nails and preventing chips. But this stuff can also prevent pantyhose runs! The second you get a snag just add a bit of polish and it will prevent it from getting much worse.

Hairspray

Use it: to set makeup

Set your makeup for hours by quickly misting your face with a natural hairspray. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes or mouth – yuck!

Deodorant

Use it: to prevent blisters

Rub some clear-gel deodorant on spots generally prone to blisters before you wear a new pair of shoes.

Lipstick

Use it: as blush

Rub your finger on the lipstick to pick up some product before rubbing it together to warm it up. Then lightly tap your fingers along the apples of your cheeks for a natural flush.

Petroleum Jelly

Use it: for nearly everything

This is one of those products that have a plethora of uses –as a lip moisturizer, eye-brow tamer, cuticle balm, eye-makeup remover, or even to lock in moisture post-pedicure. The list goes on and on. Plus you can find this stuff at any drugstore (and for cheap), so get some stat!