This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Fall break is the perfect time to regroup, relax and pamper yourself – even if it’s just for a few moments. Here are some great DIY beauty treatments to help you do just that!

DIY Hair mask

Each of these natural ingredients does wonders for your hair. Honey and olive oil naturally attract and lock in moisture, avocado oil tames frizz, and egg yolk is rich in fats and proteins to help strengthen hair follicles.  

Ingredients:

½ cup of honey

2 Tbsp. of olive oil  

1 egg yolk

1 whole avocado

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (it’s okay if it’s lumpy).

Apply the mixture to clean, damp hair. But be careful because this can get messy.

Leave it in your hair for a minimum of 30 minutes before washing it out some shampoo and conditioner. 

Peppermint Foot Soak

Your feet definitely deserve to be pampered after walking around Grounds all day.

This soak will relax the muscles in your feet and soften any dry skin. The peppermint essential oil even has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Also, it smells amazing! 

Ingredients:

A scoop of Epsom salts

A few drops of peppermint essential oil (depending on your preference and how much water you are using)

Put ingredients into a foot tub filled with warm water and soak for about 15-20 minutes. 

Soothing Strawberry Hand Treatment

The upcoming cold and flu season means a lot more hand washing, which can certainly take a toll on your hands. This strawberry hand treatment will soothe any dry and irritated skin. Plus it requires only three ingredients that you’ll probably already have!

Ingredients:

Plain oats

Olive oil

Strawberries 

Cook a few scoops of oatmeal with some water. It should be enough to make about 2 cups of oatmeal (note: the soupier, the better). Then mash 3 or 4 large strawberries with a fork. Stir the mashed strawberries and oatmeal together and then add about 3 spoonfuls of olive oil into the mix. Stir again. Sink your hands into the mixture and gently massage the treatment into your hands for about 2 minutes. To finish, rinse with warm water and pat dry for soft and smooth hands! 

DIY Oatmeal Brown Sugar Scrub

This easy DIY body scrub smells delicious and is easy to make. Also, it’ll make your shower experience feel so much more lavish!

Ingredients:

1 cup oatmeal

1/3 cup coconut oil

1 Tbsp. of honey

¼ cup brown sugar

Finely grind the oatmeal in a food processor. Then combine the ground oatmeal, coconut oil, honey and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients well until there are no lumps. Pour the scrub into a sealed jar and voilà – it’s ready to be used!