This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be one of the most controversial holidays across the globe, resulting in anti-Valentine’s pity parties or elaborate dates that seem almost fictitious. On this love-packed day—full of both positive and negative connotations—don’t pine over being single, EMBRACE IT! Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love, so celebrate with your beloved BFFs! Here are some essentials for your perfect night with the girls!

Valentine’s Chocolate Covered Oreos

Who doesn’t love chocolate and who doesn’t love oreos? Chocolate covered oreos are so easy to make! Simply melt some white chocolate candy melts, add some food dye, and decorate away! This is a really fun activity to get creative with your besties, plus it results in a yummy treat! Check out these for some inspiration!

Valentine’s Day Garland

What’s a Valentine’s Day celebration without the red and pink décor? Make this super cute heart garland! It’s so simple, yet looks like you’ve put loads of effort into it! Just cut out heart shapes on red, pink, or white paper, and tape or hot glue string to the back of your hearts! And boom! You have the world’s most festive garland in under 5 minutes! I love this DIY because it’s so versatile, so you can adjust the shapes and colors to your liking. It’s even cute enough to hang up for the rest of the year!

Valentine’s Day Ring Toss

With the food and decorations complete, don’t forget to consider entertainment: Valentine’s Day games! You and your girls can play Valentine’s Day-themed ring toss for a fun party activity. Simply paint some glass soda bottles pink, red, or purple, and make heart-shaped rings from pipe cleaners. This game is easy to make, and so fun to play! You and your friends could even make teams, and have a competition! Check out the game here for in-depth instructions.

Photobooth Props

Did your valentine’s day shindig really happen if you didn’t Instagram to prove it? Get insta-worthy pictures with your besties by using super cute photobooth props! Print out your favorite props, tape them to some sticks, and have yourself a Valentine’s-themed photoshoot!  

With these ideas, your Valentine’s Day party will be the highlight of 2017 so far! Celebrating love with the most important people in your life is a perfect way to show your appreciation for their friendship! Happy Valentine’s Day, hoo’s! Xoxo!

Hello! I'm Dahlia Hamandi, and I'm a fourth year media studies major at the University of Virginia. Some of my hobbies and passions include fashion, photography, cinematography, and watching an excessive amount of YouTube!