11 Stages for Someone Who Is Horrible at Packing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UVA chapter.

Once finals are over, the majority of us head out of town for the holiday season. Winter break gives us time off from school and the chance to see friends and family, but it also means that we have to do some serious packing. Here are 11 stages that you can probably relate to if you are absolutely horrible at packing.

Stage 1 – Ambition

You finish your last exam and are ready to get your packing game on. It really shouldn’t take you that long. You already know what you want to pack. Let’s get started!

Stage 2 – Procrastination

Actually, you’re feeling seriously tired after that exam. Maybe you’ll take a nap – you totally have plenty of time to pack. Just a quick nap though…

Stage 3 – Getting Started

You decide to start with the stuff in your closet first. So far, so good. 

Stage 4 – Trying things on

Okay, you definitely need to try on some outfit options to make sure you should pack them. Does this mean a personal fashion show? Probably. 

Stage 5 – The suitcase starts filling up…

Wow, you haven’t even gotten through half of your closet yet and the suitcase is getting pretty full…whatever, you’ll make it all fit somehow.  

Stage 6 – Okay, you are definitely overpacking…

There is no way you are going to make everything fit.  Cutbacks NEED to be made. 

Stage 7 – But first, a small break…

You still have time to finish packing. Just take a break and when you come back you can reevaluate what you’ve put in the suitcase so far.  

Stage 8 – This is impossible. 

You have so much stuff that you absolutely need to bring with you. How can you possibly cut any of it out?? 

Stage 9 – You can do this.

Whatever, just stuff it in. You can iron it all later. You’ll make it all fit. 

Stage 10 – The rush

Wait, what time is it?? You need to hurry up; it’s time to go! 

Stage 11 – You’re finally done but…

At last, I’m out of here. But wait…. did I forget something? Did I remember socks?

Story of my life.

Whatever your packing skills may be, I hope you have a wonderful winter break!