A Review on Taylor Swift’s New Album (From a Fellow Swiftie)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTSA chapter.

Whatever you refer to Taylor Swift as…snake, liar, backstabber, boyfriend stealer, etc. No one can ever deny that she is not a writing genius when it comes to music. This album is no different at all. She released it with her first single “Look What You Made Me Do,” and if that wasn’t a mic drop to everything that has happened with Kanye West, then consider listening to the songs “This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things” or “I Did Something Bad.” This album is genius and like nothing she’s ever done before and I LOVE IT. The album might be different than typical Taylor Swift, but she’s done it again and created a masterpiece. Taylor Swift is a talented song writer and she’s managed to tell the story of it all through her eyes. I’ve been listening to it nonstop over the past few days and came up with a list of my favorite songs that I’ve fallen in love with and been listening to on repeat. Trust a fellow Swiftie, the following songs are worth taking a listen:

1.     …Ready For It?

2.     End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)

3.     I Did Something Bad

4.     Don’t Blame Me

5.     Delicate

6.     Look What You Made Me Do

7.     So It Goes…

8.     Gorgeous

9.     Getaway Car

10.  King of My Heart

11.  Dancing With Our Hands Tied

12.  Dress

13.  This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

14.  Call It What You Want

15.  New Year’s Day

I know what you’re thinking, “isn’t this the whole album?” Yes. Yes it is. And you should take the time to listen to all 56 minutes of it. Enjoy the new and improved Taylor Swift, ‘cause well…the old one is dead. 

Dallasite located in San An / UTSA / Popsicle & Milkshake Enthusiast