This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UTRGV chapter.

This week is the most exciting week of the spring semester at UTRGV… yup you guessed it… spring break! You might notice we won’t be posting as much this week. Don’t worry we’ll have plenty of articles next week, and we are having a second Female Empowerment Week. Until then the HC UTRGV wanted to let you know what we will be doing this week: 

Varesh Gorabi (Contributing Writer):

I’ll probably be spending my spring break chilling at home. Making some jewelry or little felt creatures, while watching some crime drama or listening to podcasts. I’m hoping to read more books, write more poetry and take more photographs. Other than that, I have some assignments and work to catch up on. I’ll also be spending some time in the lab, which I’ve just started to get involved with. Socializing-wise this week I’ll be going to the Livestock Show (my first time) and going on a picnic with friends. 

Amanda Hinojosa (Contributing Writer):

As for me I’m not doing anything, just relaxing at home (no island trips for me). 

Kennedy Castillo (Contributing Writer, President):

To kick off spring break I will be in the Livestock Show Parade on the Texas Citrus Fiesta’s Royal Court float. During the week I don’t have too many plans, mostly I think I’ll binge watch some Netflix and catch up on Marvel Movies in anticipation for Infinity War. Hopefully I can write some Her Campus articles in advance to publish in the coming weeks. Other than that I’ll be watching my favorite talk show The Ellen Degenres Show daily, since I usually have class when it airs. In between all of that I’ll also be spending some quality time with my dog Coco. 

Neida Alcantar (Contributing Writer) 

My spring break plans are boring but eventful. The biggest event is that there is going to be a family birthday party for my brother and nephew on Saturday, at my brother’s fairly new house. Then, the next day we’re throwing my brother a surprise Harry Potter- themed birthday party. This Monday I just started tutoring two grade school girls, so I’ll be tutoring them everyday during spring break. Apart from that, I have a ton of homework I need to catch up on before we go back to school. I’m really looking forward to my fun-filled spring break!

Laura De Leon (Contributing Writer, Chief Editor) 

For spring break I really don’t have any plans. Since I have a part time job I don’t have time to go on a trip or anything. (Sad face) Even though I do have to work I have Wednesday off and I will be going to San Antonio for some cheesecake. It started as a joke to go and come back just for some cheesecake but I somehow convinced my mom and brother to go with me. Other than going to San Antonio for a day I will try to get ahead with homework but I will most likely spend my days off watching movies and catching up on Netflix shows.

Juan Hernandez (Contributing Writer)

While most people my age will probably be partying (safely, I hope), I’ll be catching up on some TV shows, movies, and reading. First, there’s a handful of CW series I need to catch up on: “The Flash,” “Black Lightning,” “Arrow,” Supernatural,” and “Jane The Virgin.” Let’s not forget about Netflix programming. On Sunday, I started watching “Stranger Things 2.” (Yes, it has taken me almost half a year to start binge-watching the series.) Netflix just premiered Season 2 of “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” and the final season of “Love” (starring Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust) on Thursday and Friday, respectively. Mark me down to start watching both of these shows at some point during the break. As for movies, I plan on seeing “Black Panther” (again), “A Wrinkle in Time,” “Game Night,” “Red Sparrow,” “Gringo,” “Tomb Raider,” and “Love, Simon.” (Thank you, Moviepass!) On my reading list, I have Alan Sepinwall’s “The Revolution Was Televised: From Buffy to Breaking Bad – the People and the Shows That Changed TV Drama Forever” and Mark Harris’ “Five Came Back: A Story of Hollywood and the Second World War” (also a Netflix documentary series). And yes, I’ll be catching some sun–during my morning and evening runs.

Kennedy Castillo is a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley majoring in communications. She is the founder of her personal brand Kennedy C Media consisting of KennedyCBlog.com, The Simply Kennedy Podcast and Kennedy Castillo Youtube Channel. She previously worked with Riddle & Bloom as an Amazon Prime Student Ambassador. She is a freelance writer with published articles in Woman2Woman Magazine, Glue Magazine, Lune Magazine, Vinazine and Her Culture Magazine. She is the current Campus Correspondent and President of the UTRGV Her Campus Chapter and previously worked as a Her Campus Chapter Advisor, Her Campus Chapter Expansion Intern and Her Campus High School Ambassador Program Advisor.