Waffles That Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s all about that inner struggle: I want something healthy, but actually tasty. A bowl of spinach sounds just about as great as my math test I took this morning, but at the same time, I don’t want to eat that whole chocolate cake from my roomates birthday party last night. What in the world am I supposed to do?  As you can tell by the title above, I’m about to solve this problem.

WAFFLES. 

Yes, you heard me right. Waffles. A healthy version. Now pause, don’t go running just yet. This isn’t a waffle recipe made out of quinoa or kale; I’m not that gullible. This is an actual delectible plate of waffles. Try it for yourself!

Why is it life changing? It showed me that my favorite things can actually be created out of ingrediants that are helpful, not hurtful, to my body. With our access to the internet, especially Pinterest (praise the heavens), we have a plethora full of available recipes.

Let’s start cooking! 

Almond Flour Coconut Waffles

1.5 cup almond flour/meal

2 eggs, whisked

¼ cup canned coconut milk

¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut

1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or coconut flour

1 tablespoon raw honey

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon cinnamon

My favorite toppings:

Thank you Paleomg for this delicious treat!!

We hope that this recipe satisfies your cravings for a tasty, yet healthy treat. It did for us! Keep yourself happy and hopeful by finding healthy recipes of your favorite foods. We promise that they’re out there! Happy cooking!

At my core, I am the biggest advocate for my friends and family - they are amazing!! I am a huge believer that traveling is one of the most important and beautiful things in this life, along with food. I am currently a student at the University of Utah that spends her time outdoors, exercising, reading, or exploring new local restaurants if I am not studying. I love marketing and anything that has to do with showing people how to enjoy their time here.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor