This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Rapper KYLE is going to be in Salt Lake City on May 7th at In The Venue. He’s been here before when he opened for artist G-Eazy. His performance was unforgettable and we can’t wait to see what he has in store for us during his very own headlining tour. We got a chance to talk with KYLE about his upcoming show and life on tour. Find out what he has to say!

Her Campus (HC):  What’s your favorite part of being on tour?

KYLE (K):  My favorite part about being on tour is definitely going to the bathroom in nature :)

HC:  What do you look forward to about coming to SLC?

K:  I’m always happy to play a show in Salt Lake! The people there are always ready to leave it all at the venue. The energy is always so massive. It completely fills the room and brings your best performance out of yourself. Love a place that can do that for me.

HC:  Who are your musical influences?

K:  My musical influences are Jadakiss, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, Michael Jackson, Weezer, and Incubus. Basically anybody cool :)

HC:  After the release of “Beautiful Loser“, how did your life change?

K:  After “Beautiful Loser” came out my life changed in a couple ways. I had finally taken my first step, you know? I felt like I opened the first door. It was what I needed to take the next step, the real start to the start of my journey. I got to tour and start really going heavy with merchandise and I just became a full time creative.

HC:  Favorite part about the fans?

K:  My favorite part of the fans is how I get to meet them all after my show and feel their energy and hear theie stories, problems, what they think is cool, what part of my music they relate to, and how it helped them. Just being able to see a direct result of your influence and what it’s doing for people, and seeing all these amazing spirited open minded people all gathered in one place because of your music. It feels like a win for planet earth! :)

HC:  How have your grown as a person since releasing “Beautiful Loser“?

K:  The way I’ve changed as a person is probably just in leadership. I feel like I’m growing into being a real leader, and aiming higher and dreaming bigger.

HC:  Personal favorite song off of the album?

K:  My favorite off the album is definitely a dead tie between “Raining Love” and “Fruitsnacks”. Like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, they’re my favorite parts of myself. 

HC:  What’re your ultimate goals in the music business?

K:  My ultimate goal in the music business is to use my ability to make music to help as many people on this planet until Im gone. I want to make the songs that heal me and let them heal the world. And once that’s done, save some trees or something. I don’t know yet! :)

HC:  What’s you three must-haves on tour?

K:  Emergen-C to not get sick, DayQuil for when the Emergen-C doesn’t work and you get sick anyways, and an Xbox. Everybody needs an Xbox!

HC:  What’s your favorite part about performing live?

K:  My favorite part of performing live is when I first catch the wave. Like when I first catch that energy from the crowd and control it perfectly. Your whole body gets a feeling that’s connected to everything that’s going on. It’s actual magic, like real live magic, haha! Like Harry Potter shit! Incredible feeling. Just start spreading smiles.   

Be sure to get your tickets today to see KYLE live on May 7th at In The Venue!

Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor