you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Kalin & Myles Are Coming to Salt Lake City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

You know that song on the radio that goes, “Your turn me on, I like what I see. When you bounce that thang, like a trampoline?” Yup that’s right, it’s by Kalin and Myles! And guess what?! Kalin and Myles will be performing in Salt Lake City on April 16th at In The Venue. Her Campus Utah had the amazing chance to talk with them about their rising fame, tour, and life. See what they had to say and be sure to get your tickets for the show. You’re definitely not going to want to miss this!

Her Campus (HC):  You two met at a house party. Why did you decide to go into music together?

Kalin and Myles (KM):  Well, just basically, after the first collaboration we did together we got a really good response. It was Kalin’s first song and it was the first song that I got a lot of response to, so we were excited about it and we said to each other that we should continue with it!

HC:  We listened to “Trampoline” on the way to school this morning on the radio! We love it!

KM:  Did you turn it up?

HC:  Of course! I love it! With the release of your EP, Chase Dreams, how have your lives changed?

KM:  Well, I think the only thing that really has changed is our location. We thankfully get to move around a lot, especially being on tour right now. We get to check out different cities everyday. That’s the really only thing that’s changed, being on the road all the time.

HC:  So what are you most excited about while being on tour right now?

KM:  Seeing the girls out here! And getting to meet new people. There’s also a couple of cities we haven’t been to before like Austin, Texas, but just getting to meet new people is the biggest!

HC:  Any tour must haves?

KM:  Phone, X-Box, and snacks. We also have a studio set up in the back of the bus, so we can make music everyday!

HC:  What are your ultimate goals with music?

KM:  We want to stay on the right path and keep growing, we want to perform for bigger crowds, and be able to see that our hard work is paying off. We want to stay positive as well.

HC:  How has the respect for each other and each others musical abilities grown and changed since when you met?

KM:  Great question. The way it’s changed is Kalin has started to write a little more and we have began to collaborate more on that end. Everyday we grow in a certain way. We’ve grown a lot together. With anything you do, practice gets you better.

HC:  It’s amazing that you guys have come together and became as successful as you have been as a duo!

KM:  Is the word duo weird to describe us?

HC:  No! Your fans love it! I promise! What about some of your biggest musical influences?

KM:  There’s a lot! We grew up with some R&B, Michal Jackson, Stevie Wonder, New Edition, and Usher. We’re inspired by Chris Brown and Usher is still relevant.

HC:  Usher will always be relevant!

KM:  Yeah! Exactly!

HC:  Favorite Michal Jackson song?

KM:  “Human Nature”!

HC:  Any other influences?

KM: More musical influences are Bay area artists. They do their thing. These are all guys who are making beats in their room and having fun with it, and taking it further. We like music that moves people physically at shows and we love good lyrics. Ed Sheeran has really great lyrics.

HC:  What’s the most exciting part of tour?

KM:  I would say the interaction with fans. We are on Twitter as much as we can, and to be able to see the fans in person and say thank you is great! It’s fun to be able to chat with them and see them. We love seeing the fans when we perform sing along.

HC:   Anything else you want our readers to know?

KM:  One thing that comes to mind is let us be your example of knowing that you can do it. We are two kids coming from nothing really and we’re getting to travel and spread a positive message about chasing dreams!

Don’t forget collegiettes, Kalin and Myles will be in Salt Lake on April 16th at In The Venue. Get your tickets now, so you don’t miss out!!

Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor