How to Maintain Your Pastel Colored Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Pastel colored hair is the perfect fall trend to act as the final touch to your look. Whether you decide to go with the more popular colors, such as lavendar or pink, or go bold with blues and greens, you will not be disappointed with the results! Remember, pastels will only show on blonde strands. Going to a rich blonde with your hair dresser is highly recommended before starting the pastel process.

Pastels can be fun to play with, but can be tricky to maintain. Here are 3 simple ways you can maintain this look:

1. Put a saturated amount of the color dye you used in your conditioner. This helps to give your color a little boost on wash days.

2. Try not to wash your pastel hair everyday. Try to even go one day longer than you normally would without washing. Dry shampoo and a top knot will be your best friend.

3. Always go one shade darker than what your are wanting. Going too dark was my biggest concern with pastel hair, but I can promise you that you will be thanking me later. Pastel hair fades quicker than any other color.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor