This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Spring is the season for trying fun, youthful makeup. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try colors that you normally wouldn’t. This makeup look is inspired by the floral pastels of springtime. The rose gold smoky eye is sure to stand out and receive lots of compliments. If you want to know how to get this look, keep reading!

Step 1: After you have primed your eyelids, sweep a nude/light pink eye shadow all over your lid and in your crease. This step will help the darker colors blend easier later on.

Step 2: Apply a dusty rose eye shadow to your outer and inner corners. Blend the excess shadow up through the crease, creating a “halo” around the eye. Make sure to avoid putting this color on the center of your eyelid. You want to keep this area lighter than the rest of the eye.

Step 3: Spray a clean eye shadow brush with a setting spray. Once the brush is slightly damp, pick up a light pink shimmer and dab it on the center of your eyelids. This step will brighten up the eyes and will add a pop of sparkle.

Step 4: Again, take the dusty rose shade and lightly blend it on the outer-half of your bottom lash line. This will line the eye without being to harsh.

Step 5: Apply the light pink shimmer to the inner- half of your bottom lash line to make your eyes appear brighter.

Step 6: Line your waterline with a nude/white pencil eyeliner. This step will make your eyes look larger.

Step 7: Apply mascara and false lashes to your eyes and you’re all done! 

Lexy was born and raised in Salt Lake City and is currently studying Nursing at the Univeristy of Utah. She hopes to someday pursue her dream as a Neonatal Nurse Practioner. She works as a Certified Pharamcy Technician and volunteers with the Apa Sherpa Foundation.  In her free time she does yoga, dances, plays with her puppy, and hangs out with her Alpha Phi sisters. She is also very proud to hold the title of a Miss Utah USA semifinalist.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor