HC Utah’s What To Wear: V-Day Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

While some girls probably have their LBD’s laundered and hanging in their closet awaiting the arrival of their knight in shining armor, many of us have come to learn that the 21st century has a different idea. This is the time of the woman! Gone are the days of the cookie cutter, one-dimensional female. We’re unique, fiercely independent, and proud of it! This fact is especially obvious when it come to Valentine’s Day and all the different ways we as women can celebrate it. V-Day isn’t just about finding the perfect man anymore; it’s about loving ourselves and those around us. If you happen to have V-Day plans with your man, no judgment. And if not, power to you. Either way, Her Campus Utah is here with some helpful hints for dressing the part (and a picture of Carrie for a little fashion inspiration of course!).

During the day, you can wear whatever you want. Personally, I’m not that crazy about pink, but this is the perfect day to take advantage of bright pinks and reds, along with big prints and (do I need to say it?) hearts. I love this super girly day dress and don’t worry about the weather: add some black tights, cute boots, a sweater, and heads will turn.

Romantic Dinner: On almost every other day of the year, going over the top is a major no-no but for tonight, throw that rule to the dogs. That’s right, pull out that sequined red number from where it’s gathering dust in the back of your closet. Slip it on, along with some killer heels, and prepare for an incredible night. Sequins not your thing? No worries. Lace details, cool cutouts, an open back or asymmetrical designs: anything works tonight.

Night out with girlfriends: Dinner and a concert? Sounds like a night to go WILD. I love the look of a red peplum shirt with jeans and a leather jacket, or a fierce animal print blouse and leggings.

Party: This party probably isn’t centered around the theme of V-Day (unless you’re twelve), but it doesn’t hurt to get a little erm…patriotic? Find a balance between over the top and totally-over-Valentine’s-Day with a pop of color, be it red flats, jeans, you get the idea. Now paint the town red!