This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Today, November 3rd 2015, is Salt Lake City election day! Today is the day that you can help make a difference in your community and make an impact on SLC’s legacy. All of this sounds great, but is only a benefical day if everybody actually votes!! There is the stigma that surrounds government elections, that “your voice doesn’t matter!” This may be true to some extent, but local elections are the time where this is not the reality. All votes matter in our community regarding the mayor elections, and this is a chance for collegiettes to help make a difference in your life around the city and on campus. So, after finding out the results of the mayoral election… who will it be? The incumbent Ralph Becker or will it be a new face to the Mayor’s office, Jackie Biskupski? 

Olivia is a junior at the University of Utah. She enjoys Taylor Swift, dogs, and her sorority! She is a Strategic Communications major and is getting a Campaign Management minor and one day hopes to work in the world of advertising or trailing the next big political candidate. One of her favorite past times is crafting and Netflix, but you could also find her at Ugurt with her friends on any given night. She has an obsession with throw pillows and the color black and hates bad eyebrows.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor