This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Every girl has her favorite go-to products when it comes to styling hair, but sometimes it’s helpful to do a little taste tasting to see how you can make your styling even easier! We’ve asked the pros over at Got Beauty (a locally-owned beauty store, boutique day spa, and full service salon in Sugarhouse) to share with us their top 10 hair care essentials.

Got Beauty will also be collaborating with Her Campus Utah this Saturday offering a 20% discount to everyone who presents their Ucard at checkout! On top of that, every Utah student who spends $30 or more will receive 5 free hair / skincare samples!!

Check out Got Beauty’s top 10 hair care essentials to see what you may be missing in your beauty arsenal! 

1.     Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner

Everyone, and I mean everyone who lives in the state of Utah can benefit from this Pureology duo. I am certain you’ve noticed that our air is ridiculously dry, and our hair needs all the hydration it can get! Pureology Hydrate is light enough to be used every day, and gives your locks the ultimate silky feel!

2.     Kava Sea Lights Shampoo

This purple shampoo is a must-have for every natural and every ‘bottled’ blonde! If you’ve recently dyed your hair lighter and feel like your color is a little brassy or yellow, apply this toning shampoo to your hair once a day until you get the blonde you want. 

3.     Moroccan Oil Hydrating Masque

If your hair is particularly dry and thirsty, leave the ultra moisturizing Moroccan Oil Hydrating Masque on for 10 minutes once per week. This is especially recommended for those not using a super hydrating shampoo or conditioner.

4.     Enjoy Conditioning Spray

Detangler? Check. Frizz control? Check. Leave in conditioner, color-protectant, and thermal spray? Check, check and check! This Conditioning Spray is a big favorite of everyone on all sides of the hair type spectrum.

5.     Matrix Sleek Iron Smoother Spray

We cannot emphasize the importance of a thermal protection spray. Whether you’re blow drying, straightening, or curling, it’s absolutely essential that you protect your hair from extreme heat. This particular spray protects your hair from heat damage up to 400º while adding shine and smoothing roque, fly aways and frizz.

6.     Redken Full Frame Mousse

If you’re anything like us, lasting volume is a life-long struggle when styling your hair. What we love about this mousse is that by just applying a bit to your roots before blow-drying, you get instant oomph!

7.     Marrakesh Original Oil

This miracle hair oil seals split ends, tames frizz, and actually repairs your hair (not to mention it smells like heaven)! On top of that, many of its ingredients are natural and organic. All you have to do is apply it to your ends after you’re done styling. What’s not to love?

8.     Tri Aerogel

A kick butt hairspray is the final touch to any hairstyle. The Aerogel succeeds in providing hold without the nasty, sticky feeling that often accompanies a hairspray of substance.

9.     Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dry Spun Finish

This volumizer, texturizer, and dry shampoo all-in-one is an absolute essential for girls seeking weightlessness and fullness in their hair. Best to keep it nearby in case a spontaneous date or night on the town comes up!

10.  Batiste Dry Shampoo Original

Dry shampoo really is the best product since…well…ever. We’ve all had those days where we’re in a hurry, our hair isn’t working with us and there’s no time to wash it. Simply spray some Batiste on your roots and massage it into your scalp for an instant hair pick-me-up, and no one will know a thing!

We’ll see you at Got Beauty this Saturday October 4, 2014! Don’t forget your Ucard!!

Studying Mass Communication, Outstanding Teen Director, public speaker, entrepreneurial spirit
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor