Cute & Easy Valentine’s Day Hair and Make-up Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Everyone wants to look good on Valentine’s Day, whether you have a significant other taking you out, a galentine’s night, or you just want to look fabulous for you. The problem is that no one has four and a half hours to get ready, especially when Valentine’s Day lands on a school day like this year. Nobody needs to go to a 7:30 chem lab with actual hearts on their eyes. So for the makeup-artists-in-training, here are two quick and easy looks that anyone can put together, no matter how literally you want to take Valentine’s Day makeup.

This first make up look is feminine and flirty but still subtle enough that you don’t look like you are trying too hard. The soft pinks on the eyes and lips tie in the Valentine’s Day theme while being totally wearable year round. Start of this look by placing a shimmery light pink all over the lid and then adding a darker brown to deepen and define the crease. Finish of with winged eyeliner and your favorite pink lipstick and you have the perfect wearable Valentine’s Day makeup that didn’t take you hours.

To go with this subtle makeup look, a hairstyle like this is the perfect choice and you won’t believe how easy it is. Start of with curly or wavy hair and then make two braids directly under each other on both sides of your head. Then secure it to the back of your head with a few bobby pins and a bow of your choice and you are finished with this flirty but totally wearable Valentine’s Day look.

If subtlety is not your thing and you want your look to scream Valentine’s Day at the top of its lungs then look no further. For this look, you want to start of with a neutral eyeshadow and then go in with a black wing eyeliner. On top of your wing you are going to want to take a red or bright pink eyeliner and just follow the black line you already drew. At the very tip of your wing draw a little heart and you are finished. So easy but totally eye catching.

What better way to compliment your heart eyeliner than with this heart shaped twist? Start of by separating your hair into a half up half down hairstyle and then taking the top portion and separating that into two ponytails at the back of your head. Take each ponytail and wrap it around itself twisting away from each other. Cross the two ponytails at the bottom and secure with bobbys and you are done with this super playful and totally easy look.

Whether you want a beautifully subtle look or you are more adventurous, both of these looks will take just a few minutes to complete. However, they will still have everyone coming up to you asking you all about the totally adorable look you are rocking. Only you will know just how simple they were.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor