Birthday Girl: Julianne Skrivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I am so thrilled about this Campus Cutie! Not only is she a cutie, but she’s one of Her Campus Utah’s very own. Julianne is one of the future editor-in-chiefs for us, taking over fall 2015 semester. Bonus: Today (March 27th) is Julianne’s birthday!! So please everyone be sure to wish Julianne the happiest of birthdays! Happy birthday Julianne, we at Her Campus Utah love you!!

Name:  Julianne Skrivan

Age:  20

Hometown:  Draper, UT

Graduation Year:  Who knows?

Major:  Communications, Film & Media Arts

Activities:  Her Campus Utah, Alpha Phi Sorority, The Daily Chronicle

Relationship Status:  Taken, but waiting for Zac Efron.

Meet Julianne:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Passionate. Determined. Competitive-As-Hell.

What are 3 things you can’t live without?  My guitar so I can play all day, my yoga mat because I think I’m cool, and my journal! I have to be able to write story ideas at any time!

What’s your dream job?  Editor in Chief of my own magazine, or a popstar. Either would be chill.

Favorite food?  Chocolate cake. For every meal. Please. 

Favorite color?  Yellow, like the sunshine I am. 

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?  When I’m feeling 9, Lizzie McGuire, but when I’m feeling dangerous, Desperate Housewives

Who are your celeb crushes?  Taylor Swift. Hands down. But, someone who I’d date? Probably Nick Jonas. I’ve loved him since the JoBro’s released Year 3000.

Pet peeves:  Cargo pants, I question why anyone would need that many pockets…

What’s the #1 most-played song on your iPod?  “Who Said” by Hannah Montana, it gets me going. 

What’s the top item on your bucket list?  I want to set foot on every continent, not at the same time, I don’t have that many feet! 

Fun fact about you:  I’m super afraid of otters but I’m down to swim with sharks. 

Campus Life:

What’s your favorite thing about the U?  I love how open our campus is. My favorite thing is to write my Her Campus articles in the open area of President’s Circle, it’s so beautiful.

What’s your best U of U memory?  My favorite U of U memory was my first MUSS game! It was the most fun day of my life.

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U?  Not because I loved the class but I loved the teacher so much, Writing 2010. I never wanted to miss it because Susanna Nevision was so much fun and such a great professor! We’re homies now. 

Worst class?  Math 1050, I don’t want to talk about it. 

Best study spot?  I love studying in this secret corner of the union! I cant tell you where!

Best place to meet guys?  The library…trust me, just trust me….

Where’s your favorite place to eat on campus?  I’ve spent so much money on that salad place in the union. I seriously am addicted. 

Do you have any advice for freshmen?  Find your niche, mine is in Her Campus! I can’t imagine school without being apart of such a fun organization that is so empowering and will take me so many places in my career! 

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  If he is Zayn Malik. Or if he can hold a conversation and leave me wanting more. 

Biggest turn off?  Doesn’t support equal rights for women, I cant be with someone who doesn’t think I’m a human…

Deal breakers?  If you honestly, genuinely think that there was any reason to end the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

What do you look for in a guy?  I really like guys who are nice to everyone and not just me and his mom. I like guys who are going to say thank you and please to everyone and hold open the door for someone behind him. Manners matter!

Describe your ideal date.  Picture this, we’re walking along the beach, then all of a sudden, my date Zac Efron, gets down on one knee and starts singing “We’re All In This Together.” (Or you can take me to get my favorite food—hint: it’s Chinese! And then we head off to have any sort of adventure you can think of! Skydiving? Yep! Bungi Jumping? Yep! But, don’t forget the chinese food.)

What’s the best pick up line you’ve ever heard?  “I have all the seasons of Gossip Girl on DVD and need a cuddle buddy.” I was his cuddle buddy, shamelessly.

What’s a guy trend you hate/ don’t understand?  This isn’t really a trend, but I don’t understand why guys wear boxers under their swim trunks..I’m so confused. I don’t wear a bra under my swimsuit top!

U of U guys are the best because… They’re so many climbers who do yoga and that is sexy. That is hot. I’m down. 

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!