This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We spend so much money buying the latest and greatest face masks when really all we need is in our fridge and kitchen cabinets. Natural ingredients are better for the skin and it’s a lot cheaper (for all of us broke collegiettes™ out there)! Here are some simple and easy facemasks recipes to try out at home!

Oatmeal and Yogurt.

Oatmeal is great for softening and nourishing your skin, without drying it out.

What you’ll need:

Oatmeal

Plain yogurt

Honey

Recipe:

Mix four tablespoons of oatmeal and four tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl and then drizzle some honey in. Stir together and apply.

Egg and Lemon.

Eggs and lemons are perfect for reducing oily skin.

What you’ll need:

One egg

Half a lemon

Honey

Recipe:

Crack one egg into a bowl. Squeeze in half a lemon. Drizzle honey, stir and apply. Let sit for at least 20 minutes to let all those nutrients get absorbed into the skin. Rinse off with warm water.

Avocado and Lemon.

Avocado is great for hydrating your skin to help beat the dry winter months.

What you’ll need:

One avocado

Half a lemon

Recipe:

Mash up the avocado in a bowl and squeeze in the lemon. Mix well and apply.

100% Honey.

Honey is great by itself. It helps draw out impurities from the skin and leaves it feeling ultra smooth.

What you need:

Raw Honey

Recipe:

Apply the honey directly onto your face and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.

Cocoa Mud Mask.

This one is great for acne prone skin since it helps dry up all the impurities. 

What you’ll need:

3 tbs.  Greek yogurt

2 tsp. Cocoa powder

1 tsp. Buttermilk

1/2 of a Banana

1 tsp. Honey

1 tsp. Lemon juice

Recipe:

Mash banana into a bowl and mix in all remaining ingredients. Make sure it is combined well in a form of a paste. Apply to the face and let sit for 30 minutes.

Tip: I like using this one and letting it dry before taking a shower. The warm water from the shower helps to remove the mask easily and with no mess!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor