The Top 7 Restaurants in Tampa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We can all agree that UT offers a variety of food options on campus. However, eating the same meals every day at Ultimate Dining or Salsa Rico can be mundane. Do not fret! Her Campus UT has the solution for your problems.  Here is a list of 7 amazing and delicious eateries to dine at in Tampa.

7. Green Lemon

915 S Howard Ave, Tampa, FL 33606

Looking for Mexican food and a cool atmosphere for you and your friends to hangout at? Green Lemon is definitely the place to go! Offering a diverse Mexican menu, local arts, and live DJ’s, Green Lemon makes sure that you enjoy the entire experience while you’re there. On “Taco Tuesday” they offer all tacos for $2! And if you are over 21, enjoy their large margaritas!

They are open on Monday through Friday from 11:30 am until close, and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am until close.

6. Evo’s

609 S. Howard Avenue, Tampa, FL. 33606

This is your to-go restaurant when you feel like eating fast-food, but don’t want to feel guilty afterwards. Evo’s offers burgers, wraps, shakes and more, and the best part is that everything is organic or air fried. You can eat a delicious meal for less than $15. They are open seven days a week from 11 am to 10 pm.

5. Daily Eats

901 S. Howard Avenue, Tampa, FL 33606

Have you ever seen the phrase “You are beautiful” painted on the wall in SoHo? Well right next to that Instagram worthy street art is Daily Eats.  They offer classic dinner meals with a modern twist at college student prices.  The ambiance is fun and relaxing, but the restaurant is very small, so get there early before a popular meal time. Daily Eats is open every day for lunch and dinner.

4. Koizi Endless Hibachi & Sushi

11245 Causeway Blvd, Brandon, FL 3351

Even though Koizi is located in Brandon, it is only a 15 minute drive to the restaurant. For just $17 during dinner time, Koizi offers you endless sushi and hibachi, managing to bring your order quickly and provide many options.

3. SoHo Juice Co.

500 S Howard Ave, Tampa, Florida 33606

Located where many of these other restaurants are, SoHo Juice offers acai bowls, different types of smoothies, and many healthy sweets for you to consume without feeling guilty. They are typically open every day from 7am to 7pm.

2. Fresh Kitchen

1350 S Howard Ave, Tampa, FL 33606

Of course Fresh Kitchen couldn’t stay out of this list. Many people like to categorize this place as a “healthy Chipotle” because it works in the same way; you create your own bowl. There are several options of organic, wheat, and low calorie sides and toppings to pick. You are able to eat a meal for no more than $10.

They are open on Monday through Saturday from 11:00 am to 9:35 pm and on Sundays from 11:00 am through 9:05 pm.

1. Bern’s Steakhouse

1208 S Howard Ave, Tampa, FL 33606

Last, but not least, Bern’s takes the win for Tampa’s finest dining experience! This restaurant is the place that you will want to take your family for dinner when they come to visit you. It is a fancy atmosphere, and Bern’s offers a collection of wine and special meal ingredients. Upstairs in the restaurant is a desert room, and they are their own meals! Prepare yourself to spend a little extra money as it can go up to $40 per person at least.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us