absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Some of the Best Food That’s a Walk Away from Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

So, you’re on campus. Maybe you’re there for a class, maybe you’re in your dorm, maybe you’re just roaming around. One thing’s for sure: you’re starving! You don’t wanna go to Hyde Park or Channelside. You look across the river and wonder if there’s even anything good downtown between all those banks and business buildings. Well, it just so happens there are! Here are a few of the best!

1. Eddie and Sam’s Pizza

Eddie and Sam’s Pizza has been highly rated on numerous “Best Pizza Places in the Country” forums, and, honestly, it has one of the most authentic New York pizza vibes in all of Florida. They don’t deliver. So, you have to pick it up, but it’s well worth the drive. They have over 25 different types of creative toppings. Different from anything you’ve tried before, and the slices are ginormous!

2. Rico’s Acai Truck

Rico’s is located right down the street of the UT campus on Kennedy Blvd. All you gotta do is walk a few blocks, and you’ll hit paradise. They have a range of super sweet acai bowls and so many topping options that you will end up asking for one of everything. (My favorite it Nutella).

3. Urban Cantina

Urban Cantina is a Mexican restaurant. The second you walk in there; you can feel the authentic vibe. Their decorations will send you straight to Mexico, and their menu will send you straight to your happy place. They have a range of healthy (and unhealthy) options and, of course, free chips and salsa!

4. Holy Hog Barbecue

If you’re even a little bit into barbecue, this place is totally for you. The second you’re in proximity of Holy Hog, you can smell the amazing aroma of sweet barbecue and corn bread. From ribs, to pulled BBQ chicken, to wings, Holy Hog has it all! They also have a ton of yummy sides for those not eating meat. To top it off, there is a nice area outside where people can enjoy their meals.

5. Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria

Saving the best for last, Bavaro’s authentic Italian restaurant is perfect in every way. They have an extensive menu with different types of pizzas, pastas, and salads. Tucked away in downtown, Bavaro’s will surely warm your taste buds and your heart!

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us