The Gasparilla Timeline: As Told By SpongeBob

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

You are confused as to why your alarm is going off at 6:00 on a Saturday morning. 

Oh, that’s right….BECAUSE IT’S GASPARILLA!!!!!

Immediately, you run to Vaughn to get some food that will hold you over for the day.

Next, you hurry back to your dorm to get ready. The tacky pirate outfit makes its way out of your closet.

Once the Captain Morgan kicks in, you and your girlfriends start completely owning the dance floor. 

Somehow, you make it to the parade! This is your first time here because the past two years you were passed out before the parade started. Can you say milestone?

Then, you start talking to random strangers. Of course, you get a few Snap Chats with your new “best friends”. 

After ordering some Papa Johns, you start making the journey back to campus. 

After a quick nap and trip to the cafe, it’s time to get ready to go out for the night, so you try to put yourself together.

During the Uber ride, you immediately harass the driver to turn off the Spanish music and put on some Miley.

It’s 3 am and the bar is finally closing. You decide it’s a good time to go back home.

….but then you realize you can’t get up.

Your “more in control” friend attempts to carry you home.

Luckily you make it home and into your bed. At least you didn’t sleep in the bushes like last year. 

….and you wake up in the morning beyond confused.

…and sick.

Then you start to find out what you did the night before.

Although you made a complete fool of yourself, you can’t help but laugh.

You spend the next week crying, as you suffer from Post-Gasparilla Depression.

But, eventually you move on with your life and start looking forward for the pirates to invade again next year!