Campus Celebrity: Karl Hintz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Karl Hintz, who just freshly entered his second decade of life. His roots come from Wantagh, Long Island. Karl majors in Communications with a minor in Public Relations. His dream job would be the face of a broadcaster for Entertainment News.  

Karl is notorious around campus for his clever humor, hilarious stories, and wise advice whenever needed. He is a member of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity, as well as a member of UT student government. Karl’s romantic hobbies include long walks along Bayshore or proving chivalry isn’t dead with his horseback riding skills. Ladies, he has a soft side too. If he could change one thing in the world it would be to create world peace… or raise minimum wage (same thing right?). He is passionate about community service both in the Tampa area and at home in Long Island. He especially enjoys working with children. This summer Karl worked as a camp counselor for a children’s day camp.

Watch out for his brilliant side. If he could invent one thing it would be to create socks that charge your phone, who needs the ios8 anyways.

But his heart does belong to another woman, Oprah WInfrey, a real-life example of rags to riches… or as Drake would say, “started from the bottom now she’s here”.

If you want to experience some of greatest food porn you will ever lay eyes on follow Karl on instagram! @karlhintz

Interesting fact about Karl? He has a pet mini pig! Who hasn’t obsessively googled baby piggies before? His name is Tucker and yes… he does love playing in the mud, and of course sometimes Karl has to join the fun. Blood is thicker than water, but mud is the thickest. Look at those feet!

Hi guys! My name is Kristin Collins, I am a sophomore at University of Tampa studying Public Health. I am from Princeton, New Jersey. My dream in life is to travel the world, maybe ride an elephant or two considering they are my favorite animal! I am probably the only college kid who loves the fresh start of an early monday morning. My biggest fear is wasabi, and sometimes cilantro. My favorite station on spotify is mood boosters or some indie jams.