10 Disney Songs that Describe Second Semester Senior Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

My childhood was filled with the magic of Disney movies and stories, and that love has not ended as a young adult.  I enjoy jamming out to the Disney Pandora station when I need a pick-me-up or want to relieve my childhood memories.  Recently, I have realized that many songs from the classis Disney animated movies are relatable to the second semester of senior year.

Zero to Hero

We were once freshmen at the bottom of barrel (zero), but now living the life as the oldest students on campus with the most course credits, all-nighters, and stress about job applications and interviews while balancing classwork (hero).

Be Prepared

It is now time to prepare for the real world which can be very scary at times, like Scar!

Part of Your World

Seniors just want to be a part of the “real world”, but it is difficult to plan out your near future while balancing classes, social life, work/internships, volunteer experience, and sleep.  Please just welcome us into your world with arms wide open.

Let It Go

Even during this crazy schedule, seniors are just trying to let it go and enjoy the accomplishment of almost being done with college and surviving the all-nighters, exams, projects, and hectic schedule of college.

How Far I’ll Go

At the moment we feel unsure of where we are going and what our destiny is.  Can someone let me know what it is please?!?!

When You Wish Upon a Star

Every night, seniors look out at the stars and wish that magic and pixie dust will help them survive these last few crazy months during job searching, interviewing, and finishing up high-level classes.

Hakuna Matata

It means no worries for the rest of your days, so seniors just need to take a moment to breathe and recognize their accomplishments right before graduation. No need to worry, life will work out somehow after graduation.

Almost There

Graduation is just days away and we are almost there to holding that diploma and celebrating our accomplishments with family, friends, and colleagues.

I Can Go the Distance

We are on our way even though we do not know where we are going.  The journey is unclear at the moment, but soon something magical will work out and our dreams will come true!

Heigh Ho

We now have jobs, and on our way off to work! That also means we will receive bills and phone calls from our family wondering when the last time we cleaned the apartment, went food shopping, or did laundry.  We traded in our college classes and homework for real world responsibilities. It is important to note that college was worth the crazy and fun journey, and now we should enjoy the present and look forward to the future. 

Jennifer McElroy is currently a Senior earning a degree in Communications and a double minor in Advertising and Applied Dance. She has resided in Florida for most of her life and lives in the sunny and beautiful Sarasota. When Jennifer is not in dance rehearsals or stuck in her room doing homework, she enjoys going to the gym, shopping, spending quality time with friends, and eating cookies.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us