Top Spring Trends Of 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Top Spring Trends Of 2014

Every year the women of the world leave the past behind and look forward to the future . . . this is known as Fashion Week. Sadly this time has come and gone, but don’t worry as always it hasn’t left us empty handed. Leaving in it’s wake plenty of inspiration for our spring wardrobes. The top spring trends that came out of Fashion Week are innovative, fun, and playful. From the in your face metallics to the schoolgirl pleats, these spring trends are sure to keep you ahead of the game.

High Shine Metallics

This season high wattage metallics make it easy for you to shine. Designers like Diane Von Furstenburg, Versace, and Givenchy went all out with these reflective garments, giving us a plethora of metallic styles. Go ahead and grab some shades ladies because the future is looking bright!

Crop Tops

Don’t cancel your gym membership just yet, it looks like crop tops are here to stay. Models were showing off their toned tummies all throughout Fashion Week. If you don’t feel like having your entire stomach out for all the world to see then opt for some high waisted pants, skirts, or shorts. You can be sexy without baring it all.

Game Time Girls

Who said sports can’t be sexy? Designers took sportswear to a new level with stylish hooded pullovers, zippers, mesh, and shorts. The result being athletic inspired clothing with a sexy twist. When strapping up your sandals don’t forget to play nice.

Schoolgirl Skirts

Pleats are back with a vengence. The traditional schoolgirl style has been amped up to the tenth degree. Pleats were all over Fashion Week, pleated skirts, pleated dresses, even pleated suits made an appearance.

Art Pop

Crazy use of color and graphics made a BANG! at Fashion Week. These looks are definitely not for the meek. If you want to make a statement this is the way to do it. You will definately have all eyes on you.

Use Your Words

This is a whole new take on the phrase wordplay. Designers like J. Crew, Louis Vuitton, and Alexander Wang used text to give their collections a modern feel.

Peek A Boo

Sheer inserts, skirts, and sleeves are mega popular right now. They’re light, fun, perfect for spring, and add a little bit of sex appeal to any outfit. If worn right sheer outfits are sure to make you look chic.

Flower Child

The floral prints at Fashion Week are sure to bring out the inner flower child in all of us. Floral prints are fun, flirty, and really feminine. They’re the perfect way to play up your girlier side.

Full Skirts

These billowing skirts are really easy to dress up or down without taking away the romantic vibe that they give. I’d say that they’re definitely a must have for this season.

Pretty Pastels

Soft springtime shades showed up repeatedly throughout collections. Pastels are beautiful and can easily be mixed and matched. There are a variety of different colors and silhouettes, all you have to do is choose your favorite.

Hippie At Heart

Fringe is back and better than ever. The confetti effect adds a definite edge to any ensemble. Hippies are no longer the only ones rocking this look. The fringe has evolved and is being welcomed back with open arms.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.