Summer Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

The countdown to summer break is on! With the winding down of the semester and endless beach days flashing through our minds, the Her Campus Summer Survival Kit will be the perfect edition.  

The first item the girls were excited to try out was the Essence makeup eyebrow pencil. You don’t want to spend hours putting on makeup when you could be out enjoying the summertime moments. This makes the getting ready process so much easier.

“The eyebrow pencil is very nice! It is easy to brush through eyebrows and does not require much effort at all to shape them and tidy them.” -Hayley Garron, Her Campus correspondent

My personal favorite item in the kit was the Steripods. If you keep your toothbrush in the bathroom, you have no idea how much bacteria is on it. Steripods are great because they keep any standard toothbrush or electric toothbrush clean for up to 3 months. You will no longer have to worry about how clean your toothbrush is again, even though I probably put it in the back of your mind.

The book White Fur: A Novel, by Jardine Libaire, makes an excellent book to read on the beach or to lay in the grass soaking up the summer sun. The book pairs well with the Koozie sleeve to put over any drink you need to cool off to.

The remaining items work together to keep you fresh no matter what you do over summer. In Florida, it’s hard to avoid that gross, sweaty feeling you get after being outside for any length of time. The Secret deodorant and Summer’s Eve will keep you feeling fresh no matter the temperature.

Everyone at Her Campus would love to thank Secret, Summer’s Eve, White Fur, Steripod and Essence for providing the perfect Summer Survival Kit. We will be needing these products all summer long.

Good luck on the last few days of the semester and I hope everyone has a refreshing summer!

HCXOXO,

Imani Craig

Photo resources:

http://www.goggleyes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Steripod-Group-Shot.jpg

Hi! My name is Imani and I am a 21 year old Mass Communications major living in sunny Florida. I love traveling, listening to music and you, know, occasionally writing.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.