St. Petersburg Art and Fashion Week: 101

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

The St. Petersburg Art and Fashion Week (SPAFW) is an annual September “fashion for charity” event that is one of a series meant for the whole family. Some of these events include free workshops, boutique shows, art shows and live music, which accompany the high end fashion and art gala that concludes the week.

The 1st SPAFW was said to be announced September of 2010. Its founder, Dona Crowley, is a entrepreneur building success in the world of women’s fashion, runway show production and event design. She is also the owner of the production company that organizes it, Luxe Fashion Group LLC.

Crowley’s efforts have come to support some great groups. Past beneficiaries include All Children’s Hospital, the Children’s Dream Fund and Morning Star school. This year is no exception; SPAFW 2014 is focusing its efforts to benefit the Warehouse Art District.

SPAFW Schedule:

Monday, September 15: SPAFW Opening Night Party

Time: 7pm-10pm

Location: Moscatos

Address: 475 Central Ave the Kress Building St. Petersburg, FL

Join SPAFW models and designers at the Opening Night Celebration. Served hors d’oeuvres

Cost: $80 Wristband (Includes Monday, Friday & Saturday)

Wednesday, September 17: Dis-connected. A showcase of Contradictions

Time: 6:30pm (show begins at 7pm)

Location: The Raw Studio

Address: 2338 Emerson Ave S St Petersburg, FL

Cost: Free

Friday, September 19: Art Inspired

Time: 6pm Location: Duncan McClellan Gallery

Address: 550 24th St South St. Petersburg, FL

An exclusive look at works from local artists

Cost: $15 online / $20 at the door

Saturday, September 20: SPAFW Runway Fashion Show

Time: 6pm Location: One Progress Plaza

Address: 200 Central Ave. St.Peterburg FL

Designer Line Up:

Curb Gear

Helen Gerro

Cerulean Blu Swim & Resort Wear Boutique

Purabell House of Fashion Be-Bops Custom Swimwear Boutique

La Rochelle

Doors open at 6pm for boutique and art vendors (fashion show begins at 7:30pm) Cost: $25 online / $35 at the door

*Look out for articles and image for each day of events

For information visit: stpeteartandfashionweek.com

Bryana Perkins is a Mass Communications Major at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. She is originally from Philadelphia, PA., but has been living in Florida for ten years. Perkins will soon graduate and hopes to use her writing skills to work for a non-profit organization. She enjoys sports, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite topics to write about are people and community. Perkins hopes her desire to write will impact people's lives in a positive.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.