This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

“Uptown Funk” sure was a tease of Bruno Mars’ new sound and preview of what his upcoming album will be like. It displayed a groovy ‘80s vibe that got everyone and their mother up on their feet, dancing every time it came on the radio or at a party.

Bruno Mars has had such great success with his first two albums, producing over six million dollars in sales and becoming the best-selling male artist as of October of this year. After a bit of time had passed since “Uptown Funk” was released, I couldn’t help but wonder what Bruno was up to now. It’s been a long and hard 4 years, and going that long with no new music from Bruno should be considered a crime!

On October 7th, Bruno finally came out of hiding and released “24K Magic,” a single from his new album that he has been working on for a year. From the retro clothes Bruno was wearing to his groovy dance moves, this song did not disappoint with its funky aesthetic. So far the song has been played over 59 million times on Spotify and the music video has more than 80 million views on YouTube.

Photo courtesy of Mark Seliger for Rolling Stone

Bruno’s work ethic and talent are just some of the reasons as to how he manages to produce such amazing hits. He is known to not be afraid of trying new and different things that everyone else is too scared to do. His sound is like no other, which helps in making him stand out from the rest.

I got the chance to see Bruno Mars live in concert a couple years ago and he was just amazing. From the minute he hits the stage, he is able to hook the audience in and create a fun and playful atmosphere. His energy is through the roof and you can tell that he is genuinely having a great time on stage and overall just loves what he does.

Rumor has it that he is said to be performing at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show this year, alongside Lady Gaga and The Weeknd. If it’s going to be anything like his 2014 Super Bowl performance, I have a feeling Bruno will not let us down!

HCXOXO,

Shayla Fajardo

Sources:

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a799581/bruno-mars-new-album-2016-release-date-new-songs-tour/

http://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2016/11/01/lady-gaga-bruno-mars-the-weeknd-victorias-secret-fashion-show/21596360/

http://popcrush.com/bruno-mars-new-album-release-2016-q4/

Shayla Fajardo is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg who is majoring in Biology. She enjoys eating unhealthy amounts of pizza, hanging out with friends, binge watching Netflix shows, and attending concerts. A goal of hers has always been to be more involved on campus, so she made sure to actively be involved in three clubs at USFSP- Her Campus, Multicultural Activities Council, and Harborside Activities Board. Shayla's ultimate life goal is to one day become a marine biologist who can travel the world and make a difference.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.