neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Make-Up Suggestions for the Girl Who Doesn’t Love Make-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I am not a huge fan of makeup. I don’t dislike it, but I find that most days I put it on, I look like I’m not wearing any. Since I started working in an office, I started wearing makeup more frequently and straying away from my usual routine of powder, blush, and mascara. Of course, I don’t feel that anyone should feel like wearing makeup is necessary or that it’s more professional than going bare-faced. I like to put on a little makeup when I want to feel a little more put-together or look a bit more polished. I have compiled a list of the things in my makeup bag that I use and would buy again that I recommend to the non-makeup wearer.

Too-Faced Powder Cocoa Powder Foundation

IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE! This was this initial reason I bought this particular powder, but since the first time I have replaced it three times! It goes on very smooth and has a matte finish and has never bothered my sensitive skin. I like to wear only powder if nothing else on my skin because it makes my skin look smooth, but not overdone. This can definitely be worn over other makeup as well.

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

For all the girls who want light, buildable coverage, this is a great option! I don’t like the way liquid makeup feels, I tend to only use powder, but this is my favorite by far. It can be used as a primer under other makeup or alone as a BB cream. Plus it has sunscreen, but doesn’t feel or look greasy, which is a huge bonus!

Laura Geller Baked Color & Contour Palette

Three in one: blush, highlight, and contour! I rarely use the bronzer, personally, but I love the way this palette is set up and the marbled colors.

ELF Tone Correcting Powder

I use this as a concealer; the pink and yellow go under my eyes and the green is good for any red spots. My main complaint is that the colors are very light and can actually show up sort of white on my skin. For my under eye area, I find this is nice and acts as a brightener. And for anyone who’s worried, the colors totally blend in under any other makeup you add.

Bare Minerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 The Bare Neutrals

Eyeshadow scares me. Seriously, I didn’t even wear it to prom. But, as far as eyeshadow goes, this set is really nice because depending on which colors and how much you wear, you can look as natural or dramatic as you want! *Or at least as dramatic as brown eyeshadow can get…

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara

I buy my mascara from the drugstore. Some things I feel the need to splurge on and get the good stuff, but I’ve tried $30 mascaras and don’t notice a whole lot of difference. What makes a mascara good for me is the size of the brush. I like a mascara with an enormous brush because I like to have enormous eyelashes if given the opportunity.

My name is Chloe Thirion. I am a twenty-one year old Accounting major with a Management minor in the Honors College at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.  I currently work on campus as an RA in Residence Hall One and at a daycare for kids under three years old.    I like the simple things in life. I love shopping for office supplies. A neatly organized to-do list can make me  positively giddy. I carry a small legal pad and a pen with me so I can take notes as I need. My favorite pizza is  margherita. I love coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and I believe there is a time and place for each. I like to  daydream. My favorite thing to do is read.  I have little, little siblings-- my brother Rhett is thirteen and my sister Lilly is six. I like to be the boss; that might be obvious from the birth order situation. I might even go so far as to say I'm a control freak.    I hope to go on to get my Master's of Accountancy after my bachelor's. I like school; I tell people it's the only thing I know how to do, but I'm (half) joking when I say that.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.