How to unwind during Thanksgiving break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Thanksgiving break: the teaser before the end of the semester. The week is filled with traveling back home, sleeping in, and stuffing your face. The perfect time to unwind and forget about all your responsibilities, especially with finals just a few days away.

Below are five tips to remember while on break.

1. Take a break from social media

This week is your chance to log off and only think about you. Taking a break from the “likes” and “comments” can be so beneficial to your mental health.

2. Read a book

Remember that book you bought mid-semester? Yes, book, not a textbook. You read the first chapter then put it down and never picked it back up. Snuggle up with warm blankets and some tea and finish that novel!

3. Binge-watch a tv series

We all know that finding time to watch tv between hanging out with friends and doing homework can be very difficult. But, hey, you have a whole week to start a show that you’ve had on your queue for what seems like forever.

4. Sleep-in

At most, you get five good hours of sleep a night. Now is your time to sleep in without worrying about your alarm going off. Your bed should become your home during the break.

5. Spend time with your family

At the end of it all, don’t forget to enjoy the time surrounded by loved ones. You’ve been away for months without seeing them, and they’ve missed you just as much as you’ve missed them. In addition to spending time with yourself, take time to talk to or just be in the same room as your family.

I hope these tips help you unwind and relieve some of the stress that’s been building up throughout the semester. Remember, you’re almost done. Push through.

HCXOXO,

Vanessa Rivera

Hey, I'm Vanessa! Im a senior at USFSP majoring in Mass Communications. I hope you enjoy my writing that will be about literally anything and everything. My goal after college is to find a career in the entertainment or music industry. To make that happen, I'm currently planning a big move from sunny Florida to sunny California! Follow me on my journey through my writing, enjoy!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.