Her Campus USFSP’s September Music Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Let’s be honest, music is bae. Whether you feel like having a random dance party in your dorm room, need help focusing while studying, need some motivation to start a killer workout, or whatever the reason, music is always there for you. With a push of a button, you are instantly emerged into a whole new world that can help distract you from reality.

Unfortunately, our reality is that the dreaded midterms week is quickly approaching us, so we all definitely need some music to help distract us from that stress.

Need help figuring out what those tunes should be? Have no fear, Her Campus at USFSP is here! Here are some of the team’s current obsessions. Whether you’re feeling pop, rock, alternative, etc. there’s something here for everyone regardless of their music preferences.

Alternative:

Alternative music is great when you need help chilling out or need to focus for studying. Here are some examples of great alternative music:

• Feel it Still- Portugal. The Man

• Wish I Knew You- The Revivalists

• Liability-Lorde

• Monsters- Brothers Sundance

Soft Rock:

Soft rock is perfect for when you want to jam out but not unleash your inner rockstar. Here are some examples of soft rock music that will be great the next time you need to jam out while walking to your next class:

• Ever Since New York- Harry Styles

• Meet Me In The Hallway- Harry Styles

Pop:

You can never go wrong with pop music. There are so many different versions of pop music: sad, happy, romance, etc. Whatever your mood, there’s always a pop song that will be perfectly relatable for you. . Here are some examples:

• When the Stars Go Blue- Ryan Adams

• Rainbow-Kesha

• Dusk Till Dawn- Zayn ft. Sia

• Too Good at Goodbyes- Sam Smith

• Shockandawe-Miguel

Hip-Hop/R&B:

I love listening to Hip-Hop/R&B when I’m looking for motivation because it always gives me that extra boost of energy. Here are some of our favorite current hip-hop/R&B songs:

• Rockstar- Post Malone

• Cold-Blooded by Khalid

Singer/Songwriter:

Sometimes we just need to be in the “feels,” and singer/songwriter songs definitely get us emotional. Check out some of our favorite singer/songwriter songs:

• Don’t Need Permission by Meg Mac

• The Best You Had by Nina Nesbitt

• Cringe by Matt Maeson

HCXO,

Kelli Carmack

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
Annie is a social media writer for USF St. Petersburg Marketing and Communications Department. She is majoring in Sociology and Criminology and minoring in Psychology and Leadership. "If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison