Campus Cutie: Kenneth Haynes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Cute. Sweet. Funny. Studious. Super involved on campus. All these words are the epitome of a Campus Cutie and they also perfectly describe Kenneth Haynes, so it was a no brainer to make Kenneth USFSP’s Campus Cutie this week. I got the pleasure of interviewing Kenneth this week, so please keep reading and you’ll see exactly why he is the perfect Campus Cutie!

Photo provided by Kenneth Haynes

What year are you (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)? 

I’m in my junior year right now.

What’s your major?

I am majoring in the study of Economics with a minor in Military Science.

Why did you decide to go to USFSP?

When I first visited the campus, I really fell in love with the city and surrounding downtown area. It wasn’t until later that I found out what a close knit community our campus has, between both students and professors.

What’s your favorite thing about our campus?

I really like the people that our campus attracts. Throughout my three years here, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting a lot of really cool people.

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

I have found a few secret spots on our campus that no one really knows about. I really like studying or reading in those places that won’t be named…

In what ways are you involved on campus?

I am in some clubs and I have a couple of on-campus jobs, but the thing I enjoy the most is my position as the Secretary of Student Organizations in the Student Government. It is a new position that they made earlier this year and my job is to help clubs with just about everything from finding to event planning. It keeps me busy and the clubs are great to work with.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I watch a lot of sports and I like to tackle home improvement projects, but my true passion is working on my Jeep Wrangler. That thing is my baby.

Are you single?

Yes and no. I am single in the sense that I don’t have a girlfriend, but my heart belongs to someone very special to me. About a year and a half ago, I met a girl and I knew she was the one right when we locked eyes. So I rescued Arya, my dog, from the shelter and she is my world. It was her birthday the other day too. Shout-out to her.

What do you look for in a girl?

I think compatibility is the biggest thing, so it’s hard to pinpoint one certain trait, but I really like a girl that doesn’t take herself too seriously.

What is your best quality?

Other than being a campus cutie? I’m not really sure, that’s probably for other people to decide.

What is your favorite quote?

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

What is your favorite movie?

Star Wars. All of them. Even the ones that aren’t out yet.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Retired, living on my private island somewhere in the Caribbean with my dog by my side.

Number one item in your bucket list?

I’d like to visit all 7 continents.

Who is your hero/role model and why?

My parents. They both had very humble beginnings but we’re able to provide a great household for my brother and me to grow up in.

Is there anything else you would like to include?

HerCampus rocks.

Thanks for the shout out, Kenneth; you rock too! And thanks for being an awesome Campus Cutie!

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.