This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Kristianne Garcia A.K.A Kristy

Major: Education Minor: Psychology

Year: Junior

Favorite Movie: A Walk to Remember

Favorite Color: Blue

Where would you most like to visit:  “China, I’d really like to see the Great Wall of China.”

Most Memorable College Moment: “It would have to be a tie between my first move in day because I was leaving home for the first time or my first college test where a got a 40% so I thought I was in college, hahaha.”

Garcia is a very busy girl this year. Not only is she taking four classes this semester but she is also interning at an elementary school as well as working on the weekends and leads a youth group at her church.

Garcia is currently in her third year here at USFSP. She is an education major with a minor in psychology. She chose to minor in psychology because “originally, I wanted to major in it, but then I decided I wanted to do education, but I still had an interest in psychology so I decided to minor in it. Plus I think psychology goes along with education so I thought it was a good fit,” Garcia said.    

To add, Garcia is currently the leader of Catholic Campus Ministry. The group meets every Thursday at 9 in the SLC lobby. She took over as leader when the previous leader informed her that he would no longer be attending this school. She organizes what the group will be doing that week. Sometimes they do a bible study or they’ll have a priest come in to discuss different topics. The purpose of the group is to not only unite Catholics on campus but also invite others to learn about their religion as well.

Garcia interns twice a week from 7 am to 3 pm. She would like to be an elementary school teacher preferably second or third grade. She plans on graduating May 2015 and would like either go straight into teaching or going for her master’s degree, she isn’t sure yet. She would like to stay local as she is from Clearwater but wouldn’t mind relocating if good opportunity arises or if she decides to get her masters from another school.

If you are interested in Catholic Campus Ministry you can contact Kristy at kristianne@mail.usf.edu or check them out at 9 every Thursday in the SLC lobby! 

I am Aunetra Paisley, a student at the University of South Florida. I am originally from Miami, born and raised. I am interested in the production and design of magazine as well as writing editorial pieces. I aspire to be a creative director. Either for a magazine, photoshoots, videos anything in the media realm. 
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.