Blogs to watch: The Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Communication happens in all sorts of ways. Blogging is a form of communication that has been gaining a lot more momentum over these past few years. It serves as an awesome online platform for expression of an interest where people can come together and learn from one another.

Photo Provided by Angelina Bruno: Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Angelina Bruno, a USFSP student with a passion for food, started a successful food blog called the Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen. The blog was a class assignment for Intro to Blogging where she had to create and maintain a blog for the whole semester, posting at least twice a week. However, she took it past the assignment and still continues to grow her blog. The name of her blog came from the combination of the facts that she owns a cat who loves to beg for food, and that St. Petersburg apartments have particularly small kitchens.

“I’ve been living in downtown apartments for about 3 years now and the one thing I can never manage to find is somewhere with a big kitchen; they’re always itty bitty kitchens, but I make it work,” Bruno says.

The self-proclaimed “foodie” expressed that she finds cooking fun and she likes the creative process behind making something “beautiful and delicious”. The Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen is a way she can combine her love for both writing and food.

With a love of cooking that is inspired by her mother’s Italian cooking, Bruno has an obvious passion for what she is doing. However, this is not her mamma’s food blog. The Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen likes to focus on healthier foods as well as trendy foods like “chia seeds, avocados, and vegan dishes.”

“Healthy food is my favorite type of food to cook and blog about. I think a lot of people have this misconception that to be healthy food has to be boring and look boring. No. To make healthy food taste good and look good, you have to be creative. There’s really more of a challenge there too, to make things low fat, low sugar and still taste incredible,” Bruno says.

Don’t be fooled however, this vibrant blog isn’t just about recipes. The Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen also features food events and restaurant write ups. She enjoys reporting on and being a part of a community of people who appreciates food like she does.

Angelina Bruno proves she is innovative in the kitchen by finding a way to make a cocktail out of the only ingredients she has at the time: Jack Daniels, strawberry, and Tang. She explains that a lot of her “inspiration comes out of necessity, and lack of planning, and that can be either a disaster, or it can be a masterpiece.”

To read and discover more of what Angelina is up to in her Itty Bitty Kitty Kitchen head on over to http://ittybittykittykitchen.tumblr.com/.  

Alana Long

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.