3 Easy Recipes for the Residence Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Whether you live in the residence hall or your own place, try these simple popcorn recipes from the Food Network that you’ll be making for weekends to come. I whipped these up for my Oscar party and they were a huge hit.

Cheesy Popcorn

• 1 (3.5) ounce package of natural microwave popcorn (not the buttered kind)
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • Kosher Salt (I prefer sea salt)

Pop the popcorn then put into a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and mix. Toss in the parmesan and mix. Season with sea salt and enjoy!

Sweet and Spicy Popcorn

• 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Put the sugar, butter, and chili powder into a medium bowl and microwave until the butter melts. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Pop your popcorn and add the popcorn to a large bowl. Drizzle your sugar, butter, and chili powder over the popcorn and toss.

Rocky Road Popcorn (my personal favorite)

• 1 cup mini or regular chocolate chips
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1 cup salted peanuts

Pop the popcorn and throw into a large bowl while adding the chocolate chips and marshmallows while it’s still hot. Throw the popcorn, chips, and marshmallows in the microwave for about a minute to get the ingredients extra gooey. Add the peanuts and enjoy!

Each of these recipes make the perfect movie night snack or a pefect gift idea for someone special.

Sources:
Foodnetwork.com for the recipe and picture.