15 Songs to Update Your Fall Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

It’s about that time of year again where us Floridians pretend that we live in a season other than summer. We pull out the pumpkin spice latte k-cups, we light cinnamon-smelling candles, and we decorate our dorms with fake red and yellow leaves to create our own autumn. Well, at least I do. Along with our fall room décor and pumpkin lattes, we need a nice and mellow playlist to curl up to on those “autumn” nights. Here are some (old and new) songs to update your fall playlist with.

1. Shallows by Daughter

2. Fallingforyou by The 1975

• One of my favorites to listen to; I heard this song on vinyl for the first time, and there’s nothing else like the sound in the world.

3. Under The Table by Banks

4. Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

• What is a classic autumn playlist without an Ed Sheeran song? That’s considered a crime in my book!

5. Bloom by The Paper Kites

6. The Bad Parts by From Indian Lakes

7. Georgia by Vance Joy

• I love to listen to this song when I’m in the mood for a spa night; something is so soothing about the lyrics during meditation.

8. Like Real People Do by Hozier

9.  Holocene by Bon Iver

10. 9 Crimes by Damien Rice

• This song has been in my head on repeat since I discovered it last week- it’s so good!

11. Safe & Sound by The Civil Wars/Taylor Swift

• Safe and Sound will always be one of my favorites; it’s the most diverse sound that T.S. has ever put out.

12. A Little Too Much by Shawn Mendes

13. East Coast Winters by Anthony Green

14. Stealing Cars by James Bay

15. Love You More by Joel Baker

• The classic “hot tea or cocoa” making song to listen to on a cool evening. I love it!

Hope you enjoying curling up with a nice cup of tea and enjoy the tunes!

https://open.spotify.com/user/1234675532/playlist/6JLh0VtxCnXBnaqMacGvqr

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/356558495474853491/

HCXOXO,

Hayley Garron ☺

Hayley Nicole Garron is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, currently majoring in Journalism. She has passions of reading, writing, playing soccer, shopping, and doing things for others, and she aspires to to gain her fame by creating a novel so amazing you won't want to put it down. In her spare time, she can be found watching YouTube videos, writing her blog, "This is why I'm Haute," or trying new DIY's found on pinterest. USFSP has been a great influence to help her find more of herself in growing up.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.