This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

One of the most popular colors right now is mint. Girls everywhere cannot get enough of the trendy, springtime hue. It’s sweet and soft, yet really stands out!

The great thing about a trending color is that you can incorporate it easily in many ways. Simple touches of mint like nail polish, jewelry or shoes are a good place to start. Check out this collage for some good ideas of little hints of mint.

It’s even more fun to step it up to the next level! Whether you’re online shopping or browsing stores in the mall, look for floral dresses, tops, or skirts with a hint of mint in them. All of these floral pieces can be paired with mint accessories like a belt, sweater, or jewelry. Mint pants or a mint dress can definitely work too.

Mint also goes with cheetah print and stripes. Pair mint pants with a boatneck striped shirt and statement necklace for a cute, nautical look. You can even try out mint pants with a bright coral blouse for a pop of color. Check out these styles of mint and coral together!

The key to color mixing is finding out what looks good together. Mint matches well with coral, hot pink, navy blue, brown, black, and white. It can go with many other colors as well, but it’s important to have a good color contrast. For example, mint looks good with hot pink for a sassy look or light pink for a sweet one. Be adventurous and try out different colors with mint like purple or burgundy. Blend in your own sense of style and you’ll be a mint mixer in no time!

Photo credits:

http://pinterest.com/pin/421016265135728647/

http://www.polyvore.com/trend_alert_mint_coral/set?id=49166577

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.