Meet a Her Campus Member: Katherine Suazo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

1. What’s your major and year at USF? What do you want to do with that when you graduate?

I’m a senior in advertising. I hope to land a job as an art director. I might also want to be a xopywriter for a firm for about two years, then possibly open my own beauty- and fashion-related business. 

2. Where are you from and do you like your hometown?

I was born in Bronx, New York, and lived there until I was 12 years old. Then I moved to Tampa and I have been living here since. I consider both places as my hometowns since I constantly travel back and forth. I really can’t decide on which I like better, so I’ll say I love both.

3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? If that is no longer your plan, what changed?

When I was little I wanted to be a pediatrician. When I was in high school, I realized how many years of college that was going to take, so I changed my mind. I also thought about the kind of life I wanted to live and, let’s face it, being a doctor takes up all of your time, even when you are not at work (many are constantly on call.) I want to be able to raise a family and travel the world and be flexible with my time, so I changed my career choice a few times until I settled for advertising. 

4. What brought you to USF?

USF was my second choice. I originally was going to attend the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York to study musical theatre, but I was scared of wasting my time and money getting an education there, and then not finding work afterwards. I don’t regret my decision.

5. If you could give your high school self one piece of advice, what would you say?

Let me put this in a nice way. “Snap out of the fact that you hate your high school. Learn to work with and enjoy what you have, because once you graduate you’ll wish you had a do-over.”

6. What’s your absolute favorite thing to do on your down time?

Listen to music! All kinds. Especially old school. I also like to read inspirational books and the Bible.

7. If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?

Justin Timberlake. He is romantic, sexy, intelligent, artistic, and classy. Everything I want in a guy.

8. What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?

I honestly don’t know. I can die laughing at pretty much anything. Any of Kevin Hart’s stand-up comedies have me in tears.

I'm a Sophomore at University of South Florida in Tampa, majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Communications. I was born and raised in Westchester County, New York. I love going to the gym, eating healthy and hanging out with friends! :)
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.