Five Five-Minute Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Its 8:00 in the morning, the alarm is blazing and you instinctively hit the snooze button. Five snooze buttons later and it is now 8:30 and you realize you only have 30 minutes to get to class. With a scenario like this one, would you really take the time to do your hair? Doing your hair can be one of the most time-consuming tasks that a girl has to go through, and can result in you not even trying. Well, all of those time-consuming hairstyles will be a thing of the past with these fivue 5-minute hairstyles that are just as cute.

1.    Binding your hair in a Head Scarf

Add a head scarf to your high messy bun. This style can take your high messy bun to the next level and adds a pop of color because head scarves come in a variety of colors and patterns. Keikolynn.com has a perfect tutorial to achieve this cute and easy style.

2.    Long Illusion Ponytail

If you have thin hair but want to give people the illusion that your hair is thick, try the Long Illusion Ponytail. This style is so simple to achieve; all you have to do is take the top half of your hair, put it in a bun, tie up the lower half in a ponytail, release the top half and tie it in a ponytail and there you have it. Check out Pantene for their tutorial.

3.    Give yourself a “glam roll”

If you are getting ready for a party and want to stand out but don’t want to put in the effort, use this glam roll from Cosmopolitan. This look is not only simple, it is also unique and festive. Get the details here.

4.    The Two Twisted Bun

Give yourself a very unique twist to the ordinary bun with this Two Twisted Bun. This hairstyle is different and so easy to conquer. Just make one bun with the top half of your hair and then make the second half with the bottom. Simple as that. Get a more detailed tutorial from here.

5.    Sweeping Side Braid

Take the traditional braid to a whole new level with this Sweeping Side Braid. This style is ideal for girls with long locks that get everywhere. Just make a deep part in your hair, put it all to one side and then start braiding it loosely and gradually get tighter as you go lower.

Getting ready in the morning can be so impossible at times when you are scrambling to get out the door on time. With these 5-minute hairstyles, you can make the morning routine just a bit easier and give yourself some more time to get everything else ready to go.

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.