This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

Oh yeah, spring break is just around the corner! While most of you might be busy preparing for the mid-term exam, it is reassuring to just think about the coming vacation! You can finally have a break from teachers, schedules, and homework. How exciting! What are the plans for you folks?

Well, it is true that you should take full advantage of the time and travel to places, but spring break is not all about rushing to the beach, taking piles of photographs and showing off your sexy body. Don’t forget, it is also the most important time to find your summer internship. I bet you don’t want to spend your perfect vacation playing around and cry later, right?  So for those of you who care about your career development and always want to be one step ahead of others, reading the following books can keep you being in the lead.

1.         Lean In

Written by Sheryl Sandberg, who is the chief operating officer of Facebook, Lean In talks about women’s role in the business world. Being one of the 50 Most Powerful Women in Business, Sheryl finds that women are often put in an inferior position when compared to men. She examines why women’s progress in achieving leadership roles has stalled, explains the root causes, and offers compelling solutions that can empower women to achieve their full potential.

Instead of plainly discusses these issues, Sheryl recounts her own decisions, mistakes, and daily struggles to make the right choices for herself. In this book, you can see how she negotiates with companies and builds her career. This is a book written with both humor and wisdom, and it is an inspiring call to action and a blueprint for individual growth.

2.         The Start-Up of You

The Start-Up of You is a book co-written by LinkedIn cofounder Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha. It is a revolutionary guide for workplace newbies who want to thrive and achieve your boldest professional ambitions. No matter you are gonna work for a giant multinational corporation, a small local business, or launching your own venture, you will learn the best practices of Silicon Valley start-ups, and how to apply these entrepreneurial strategies to your career.

“The key thing is for everyone to think very seriously about how they invest in themselves. No matter what your aspirations may be, invest in yourself. Take the notion that you are a business, you’re the CEO of your own life, the entrepreneur of your own life very seriously.”

3.         GirlBoss

If you are interested in fashion and have ever dreamed of being a girl boss, this book is well worth reading. Sophia Amoruso is the founder and executive chairman of Nasty Gal. Just like most of age twenty something teenagers who are somewhat of an outcast, she dropped out of school and was broke at that time. But it was also from there that she began selling vintage clothes on eBay and later found a $250-million-plus fashion retailer with more than four hundred employees.

In this book, Sophia talks frankly and candidly about her experiences pre-success and post-success in a  fascinating and funny way.

So girls, wish you all a very happy and enriching spring break! See you back at School!

Hi all, my name is Connie. I am a first year graduate student at University of Southern California in Communication Management. I am also a blogger, a foodie, and a bookworm based in Los Angeles. As a typical Aries, I love traveling a lot and enjoy meeting different interesting souls in this world. Please follow my own website (www.sweetconnie.net) and my Instagram (@connieeeezhang). I can't wait to share more with you folks!
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!