Melbourne Cup Comes to Caloundra!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.
Ladies put on those dresses and high heels and gentlemen, suit up! Summer is almost here which means it’s time for the biggest annual racing event of the year.

The 2013 Melbourne Cup is being held at Corbold Park Raceway, Caloundra on November 5. Gates open 9am and tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for concession, so don’t forget those student cards and id’s. Tickets can be pre-purchased or purchased at the gates on the day.

Free buses will be arranged from Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and Kawana to get you to and from the track. For more details on bus times, follow this link. A free shuttle bus will also be running from the main public carpark to the main entry gates from 11am to 5pm on the day.

There will be plenty of food, drinks, betting, entertainment and of course a live watch of the Melbourne Cup race. All items can only be purchased with cash so make sure you hit up one of the four ATM’s located at the course! What a way to end the uni semester or take a quick break from studying…

As the event is outdoors, don’t forget the sunscreen and remember to keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water!

The event continues on to the Caloundra RSL afterwards so make sure you keep your dancing shoes on.

For information on last years fashion or any outfit ideas check out this website!

Hope to see you all there!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!