This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Date outings are not the easiest at URI due to the fact that you really need a car to get remotely anywhere. However, freshman get pretty creative with utilizing our campus to their dating advantage. If you are not feeling that freshman creativeness, this featured list will help just about any pair of Rhody lovers enjoy some quality time, no matter how old you may be.

1. The Quad

Quite obvious, I know. Whether you plan to have a nice picnic catered by Hope Dining, look up at the stars, play some outdoor sports, or a cute game of hide & seek (creativity is key), the Quad makes for an excellent date location. Weather permitting, though, of course…

2. The Union Pool Tables

Sounds lame, but can definitely work. Sign out the rack at the info desk, bring some music, maybe grab some pizza from Ronzio, and there you have it; your own lounge-like atmosphere without the intimidation of going to a billiard’s lounge and looking like an amateur which you most likely are. What’s more fun than competing against your crush?

3. 193 Coffeehouse

Located on the second floor of the union, the Coffeehouse is a low-key environment that provides a very relaxed date scene. With a variety of beverages, board games, and even a piano, what could be better? Relax and talk over a cup of coffee with your date.

4. Peckham Farm

I have certainly heard that going to the zoo or farm is a popular date option. Instead of having to drive all the way to Providence, your date and you can enjoy some fun right down the road. Between the hours of 9 and 3 when the farm is open, anyone is allowed to go and pet the many animals that they have. Ahh-dorable. 

5. Fine Arts Center

Do NOT knock it until you have tried it. URI’s Fine Arts program is fantastic! There are productions, recitals, and art showcases throughout the week, every week! Try taking your signifcant other to a show, and at the same time, you are supporting your fellow students while enjoying amazing entertainment for little to no cost.

6. The Emporium

With a variety of food options, the Emporium is an ideal place for any date. Simply Thai is one of the fancier options, and if you’re looking for something new, try Mia’s Kitchen.  Also great food and even better atmosphere! The Emporium is affordable, edible, and quick; a college kids favorite things!

Where will you go on your next date? 

Alexia Williams is a member of the Class of 2017 at the University of Rhode Island. She is a Elementary Education and Sociology double major. She loves to eat, pray,and love!