etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hello Adele, Welcome Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

What a warm “hello” we’ve received from Adele. The queen is back and better than ever. What a comeback, am I right? It’s so refreshing to hear Adele’s voice again, especially since her vocal cord surgery and pregnancy with son, Angelo, put her on hold for a while.

On Friday, October 23, the music world shook as Adele’s powerful, loud belt took over radio stations and reminded everyone what they had been living without. She is back and killing it. The “Hello” singer has graced us with her first single in three years and it was absolutely worth the wait.

The “Hello” music video unsurprisingly flooded every social media feed and marked the beginning of a new era for Adele. Between the lyrics and her unbelievable voice, “Hello” is already a power ballad that is being blasted in cars everywhere. It will give you all the feels and get you to sing along whether you want to or not. Somehow, her music expresses how we all feel, whether it be heartbreak or happiness.

Don’t let me forget to mention that Adele uses a flip phone in her newest music video and ONLY Adele could still use a flip phone and it be perfectly acceptable. The lyrics make you think of every failed relationship you have encountered through out your life and force you to contemplate if you should call your ex or not. Do you call them? Do you say sorry to them? Hell no, you don’t. You continue to sing your heart out and remember that you are a stong, independent woman, just like the queen that is Adele.

54 hours after the video was released it surpassed 50 million views. Given, half of those views were probably me- she still had a magnificent and successful comeback. At that rate, Adele’s new song reached 100 million views in about a week, making it the third-fastest video to ever reach 100 millions views. She beat other huge song’s rates like Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda”. Can you believe that this is only one song out of the many on her upcoming album??

We all expect Adele’s new album “25” to be perfection, but there is nothing to be worried about with her. She’s bound to break records and bring everyone to their knees over her perfection. If this single is any evidence of what to expect from her new album, she should probably start writing her Grammy speeches now. Adelle calls this album her “make up record, while “making up” with herself and “making up” with her audience.

Adele’s comeback has been a success and long awaited these past years. Her music can bring you chills and is popular everywhere. She is our modern-day Whitney Houston. No other artist is as captivating as Adele is because her music is relatable, powerful and meaningful. Although the 3 year Adele drought is long over, I’m sure everyone can agree that her shoes are tough to fill. Her talent cannot be reproduced by anyone else.

We’re so glad to have you back, Adele.

“And I’m sorry it took so long, but you know, life happened.” -Adele.

I'm willing to make anybody smile. I write to show how I chase happiness, contain & maintain positivity, express love and thought, and pursue strength and stability.