Easy Hairstyles for the Everyday College Gal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

We have all been there. You wake up ten minutes before you are supposed to leave for your morning class. You throw on some jeans and a top, and are ready to go, except for one thing. Your hair looks like you have been on a boat for hours, and you are not sure what to do about it with such little time. Luckily, Pinterest is a go-to for literally anything, but in this case, there are so many quick and easy hairstyle ideas that you should give a shot next time you’re in this situation:

1. The Messy Bun

This hairstyle is perfect for when you are on a tight schedule and have a lot going on that day! It takes two seconds, and looks effortlessly chic.

2. Half up Half Down

This is another easy hairstyle for anyone on the go! If you don’t feel like putting your hair all the way up, you can just put it half up in a cute bun, and you are all set!

3. The Braid

This is my go-to hairstyle anytime I am in a rush and don’t feel like having my hair down. It’s good for when you have a lot to do and don’t want your hair getting in the way, and it’s super cute!

These are just a few ideas for the next time you aren’t having a good hair day and don’t have much time to do anything about it! 

Senior at URI with a major in Journalism and a minor in Public Relations. Shannon studied abroad in the fall of 2016 in London, UK. While in London, Shannon interned at Time and Leisure Magazine where she wrote and edited for the publication.