This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

I know what you’re thinking, what the hell is bookstagram?! Bookstagram is an instagram account dedicated to all things books. As a bookworm myself, I find bookstagram accounts very useful because I find new books to read and new authors to follow. I liked the concept so much that I recently created my own bookstagram account, @adrianapaola.books (sorry-not-sorry for that self-promo) So, if you are a bookworm or are intrigued by the concept, here are some bookstagram accounts you should follow.

1. @herpickings

Hayanna Kim is a bookstagrammer based in Los Angeles. I really like her account, it is very aesthetically pleasing, clean, and airy. I appreciate that she features less known authors which in turn have introduced to me to different kinds of books. If you are looking for new authors and want to support small indie publishers this is the account for you.

1. @conquistadora.books

Yafrainy Familia is a Caribbean bookstagrammer relocated in Lima, Peru. Another aesthetically pleasing account and very neutral. She always posts a quote of the book she is reading in her posts, which is nice to get a gist of what the book is about. This is one of my favorite accounts because she also features hispanic writers and it’s a bilingual account (which means more books options for me).

1. @bookiful.life

Yadi is a reader based in Chicago. Another beautiful account, she features a little bit of everything. From less known authors to more well known books, she features a very interesting selection. I appreciate that she shares her thoughts on the book and she also features hispanic writers.

1. @readingdiary

Sarah is a bookstagrammer from Rhode Island. This is by far the most colorful account I follow, and she has a library to die for. Sarah also features kindle books for those who prefer to read books electronically rather than physically. She reads just about anything, but she also features a lot of classics.

1. @georgireads

Geogireads is a bookstagrammer from Dublin. It’s another beautiful account, and he also posts some nature photos here and there as well. I like that he includes a mini-review of the book on his posts. He also features many books by Margaret Atwood, so if you are a fan of her, do follow his account.

1. @itsourbookclub

Emily is a bookstagrammer who, like her bio states, features books related to social justice. She is one of my new favorites because she features minority writers. She also comments a lot on feminism, intersectionality, white privilege, among other topics. If you are looking for books on these topics, she is the account to follow.

1. @books.coffee.cats

Megan Colette is a reader, coffee addict, and a cat lady. I’m not gonna lie, the first thing that drew me to this account was the cats in her username. A very pretty account (with many pictures of her cat) and I love how she color coordinates her book. She posts many diverse  books as well as kindle books.

That’s a lot of books! I hope this feeds your bookworm needs, inspires you to read more books or even better, inspires you to create your own account and share your favorite reads.

English major at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez, with a minor in Writing and Communication. Interested in pop culture, movies, books and beauty. Follow my bookstagram at @adrianapaola.books
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.